Thread: Wheelchair accessible home for sale - Suburban Philadelphia

Wheelchair accessible home for sale - Suburban Philadelphia

Hi All, I'm selling the house I have lived in since 2004 and that was designed to be accessible for a wheelchair user (I'm a C4-5 quad). It's located in Chester County, Pennsylvania. Here is a link to additional information:

http://wheelchairhome.wordpress.com/

If anyone is interested, I'm happy to answer any questions.

beautiful home! Hope someone takes advantage of the accessible features.

Are you selling by owner? If so maybe we can come up with some ways to help you market it nationally.

craiglist =, ebay? oh what about self listing on zillow?
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Thank you sherock. My plan is to make some small marketing efforts here in the area to see if there might be an individual or family who has need of the accessibility features (my preference in a buyer). Next month we're going to go with a realtor because we'd really like to move out this spring if we can.

I agree..it is a shame when a home is not utilized..post on craigslist and ebay-maybe a for sale by owner site??-as people can do nation search by key words

add the key words like: accessible home, wheelchair accessible house, handicapped accssible home for sale.

I did that search when I waas looking for a place in ca ETC.. and there are search engines that will search all areas.

I hope you can sell it yourself..
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Great suggestions. Thank you sherocks.

Have you considered renting it out? My fiancée and I have been looking for accessible rentals for months with not much luck.

Hi pjflash, We've considered renting it, but our preference is to sell it and not have the ongoing responsibility since we plan to move to the West Coast.