Thread: Cesamet??? Anyone??

Cesamet??? Anyone??

We recently made a trip to the pain doc for a review of all Bill's pain meds and he put him on .05 mg twice a day of Cesamet / Nabilone which is a synthetic form of Marijuana.

Has anyone had any experience with this drug? He has been feeling kind of trippy and stoned since taking it (which makes sense I imagine) but not really in a good way - however he has noticed a significant decrease in his shoulder and overall pain. Will these side effects wear off with time? I've done a fair bit of reading on this drug and it doesn't seem like a large dose and what he is experiencing is a common side effect - I'm just wondering if it wears off over time !

Our drug plan covers the cost thank goodness because its fairly pricey ! I'd appreciate any info you can share !

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Bump - anyone??

Obie
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

I want to try it.

I used it for a couple of months last year. I was using it for spasms not for pain, now I use gabapentin. It was far less effective for spasms than smoked marijuana. At the time I was having considerable shoulder pain and I did not find it to be of any benefit for pain. The amount of THC in it is very low, I am surprised he felt stoned at all. That should pass as he gets used to it.

You are correct about the cost being high, my prescription for a month was about $600.

I've got a bottle of it in my medicine chest but haven't tried it.

I'm fighting shoulder pain as well. It used to be musculoskeletal but now it's a more insidious neuropathic pain from the syrinx. Gabapentin & marijuana edibles takes the pain away. It's more of a body stone so I don't feel the head high. He might want to try actual edibles. Starting with very small portions. It's my understanding that Cesamet has only a few of the cannabinoids available in the real herb.