Thread: Fund raiser

Fund raiser

I was wondering how I could go about raising some money to buy a newer car or possibly a van for myself. I am on a fixed income so I don't have much money left over to put towards a car. I thought about doing some kind of chili/soup or spaghetti dinner, or having some kind of auction. But with that I would need people to donate stuff for it. I figured I could even use a lot of my food stamps to make some of the food. I have a freezer and pantry full of food right now so I won't really need to buy much food this coming month.

What all would I need to do to be able to do this? I know I would need to find a place to have this and would need to ask a few people to help out. What all would I need to go with chili or spaghetti?

Is there a Kiwanis club near you or a Moose Lodge that would take an interest? They do fundraisers all the time.

If the car is for transportation to work, would the Christopher Reeve foundation be able to help?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

If you go to school or work talk with VR. If you're on SSI or maybe it's SSDI also you can try to set up a PASS plan through Social Security to fund it.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Be very careful. Fund-raising like this can get counted as earned income for things like SSi/SSDI and Medicaid or other low income based programs. I would recommend that if you are trying to get donations of money, that your set up an account through this organization and follow their guidelines in accumulating funds.

http://www.helphopelive.org/

I assume you are not working, or going to school and planning to work, and are not eligible to have your state Dept. of Vocational Rehabilitation help you with this?

(KLD)

I am currently going to college online. I don't have a job, but I hope to get one after college. I have talked to VR about helping get a car, but they said they only do that if it is needed to travel to college or work.

SCI-Nurse -- how does that website work? It looks like it is for someone needing money for medical reasons.

It is for any fund raising for any needs of a person with a disability or serious illness.

(KLD)