Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diaper Cameltoe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mombo View Post
    Ask your doc about the Ditropan XL. My son takes a 10mg pill in the am and a 5mg pill at bedtime. Also, if you are taking a generic for Ditropan this could be part of the problem. The generic for Ditropan did not work for my son, ONLY the name brand. Once we figured that out, he has not had any issues with leaking.
    Thanks! I never thought the generic version could be a problem. I take 5mg of oxybutynin 3x/daily. I will look into that along w/ Ditropan XL. My only problem is I need to make sure my insurance covers this med.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Quote Originally Posted by NoDecafPlz View Post
    Hey, way better Rx on the market than ditropan. I don't know how vesicare affects the fairer gender but my buddies have good success with that.

Also, if the nurses will help, there is a drug that I only needed 2 mg of and it was excellent...ditrol I think? Then there is another where 25 mg is good for about a whole day but of course most plans don't cover it.

Help nurses!
    I was started on generic ditropan also and it DID NOT work at all. Switched to vesicare and have had no problems since.

15 mg. daily of Ditropan is only mid-range. You can take up to 30 mg. daily. You may also do better on another anticholenergic drug, or combination. I would urge you to see your urologist again soon, and if you have not had urodynamics recently, ask to have this done.

(KLD)

I was started off by my doctor the generic form of Ditropan at the beginning of my injury. It worked well enough to the point where I could cath anywhere from 4-6 hrs. Then I noticed my bladder couldn't last 6 hrs. Then it got to a point where even during my 4 hr cath periods, I would have accidents. I made an appointment w/ my doctor on Thursday. I have a lot to bring up to her attention. Lol.

I have tried all of the aforementioned bladder meds and the best one for me is one that is not listed here which is Tovaz I have been taking now for two years and very seldom do I leak and I am now cathing on the average of 6 times a day with half of that being in the evening after I go to bed which is normal or at least that is what I was told.

Quote Originally Posted by 28darline View Post
    I was started off by my doctor the generic form of Ditropan at the beginning of my injury. It worked well enough to the point where I could cath anywhere from 4-6 hrs. Then I noticed my bladder couldn't last 6 hrs. Then it got to a point where even during my 4 hr cath periods, I would have accidents. I made an appointment w/ my doctor on Thursday. I have a lot to bring up to her attention. Lol.
    How much do you normally cath? If you go directly in the toilet and dont measure it, try measuring it a day, or two and see how much you generally void. Also, when you have an accident, is it just leakage, or do you soak yourself?

"We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
    - Barack Obama

Are you leaking before/after your cycle a few days?
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Sanctura!

Sorry couldn't think of it before.
    And the truth shall set you free.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    maybe the leaking is a result of your diet/beverages?

Have you and your doctor discussed bladder Botox injections?

All the best,
    GJ