Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diaper Cameltoe!!!

I agree. The goal, with an injury at your level, would be for you to be able to cath 5-6X daily and never leak between, so not need to wear padding. Either a higher dose of Ditropan, or Ditropan + another anticholenergic med, or a different med all together. You may also want to discuss bladder Botox with your urologist (and your physiatrist).

Do you go to RIC for your SCI care?

Have you had urodynamics?

(KLD)

my old urologist saw better success with ditropan by having his patients crush it and then mix with some saline and injected it into the bladder directly.

also, i used to wear poise pads and those worked better than the diapers and were more discrete.

i also know a few who wear underwear over the depends to hold it in place better.
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

[QUOTE=SCI-Nurse;1499863]I agree. The goal, with an injury at your level, would be for you to be able to cath 5-6X daily and never leak between, so not need to wear padding. Either a higher dose of Ditropan, or Ditropan + another anticholenergic med, or a different med all together. You may also want to discuss bladder Botox with your urologist (and your physiatrist).

Remember 28, speak with your physiatrist and not the
    psychiatrist lol!

So difficult to avoid leaking as a female. What about Poise pads? A lot more discreet and very absorbent.

I hate that we all go through these bladder trials/failures because there's nothing better out there.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I'm with Lynnifer. Check out some alternatives to diapers. There are lots of options on the market these days.

Hey, way better Rx on the market than ditropan. I don't know how vesicare affects the fairer gender but my buddies have good success with that.

Also, if the nurses will help, there is a drug that I only needed 2 mg of and it was excellent...ditrol I think? Then there is another where 25 mg is good for about a whole day but of course most plans don't cover it.

Help nurses!
    And the truth shall set you free.

Thanks Ref & Canuck! I appreciate all the advice. I will definitely bring up all your suggestions to my doctor. I will keep you guys posted.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    I agree. The goal, with an injury at your level, would be for you to be able to cath 5-6X daily and never leak between, so not need to wear padding. Either a higher dose of Ditropan, or Ditropan + another anticholenergic med, or a different med all together. You may also want to discuss bladder Botox with your urologist (and your physiatrist).

Do you go to RIC for your SCI care?

Have you had urodynamics?

(KLD)
    I do cath 6x/daily but I rarely go a day when I don't have accidents. I would love to stay dry all day! I will definitely bring up to my doc increasing my ditropan or even looking at other options. We have talked about urodynamics but briefly. I do go to RIC. I was in patient there. I continue to do my outpatient pt w/ them as well.

Thanks everyone! I'm appreciative of all your responses. I will take note of everyone's advice. I'm crossing my fingers to find a solution!

Ask your doc about the Ditropan XL. My son takes a 10mg pill in the am and a 5mg pill at bedtime. Also, if you are taking a generic for Ditropan this could be part of the problem. The generic for Ditropan did not work for my son, ONLY the name brand. Once we figured that out, he has not had any issues with leaking.