Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Greeatings from a Childless Orphan and Widow

Let it be, let it go...

I know it is Kansas but have you thought of checking if there is a Universal Unitarian group near by? Doubt you'll find any Santorum followers in those groups/churches and you might find some real friends. Call the loner on a regular basis. Even if it is just a 60 second "Hi. you doing ok? Nah, today went good and tomorrow should too." Rinse and repeat.
    If the need to save overwhelms volunteer on the back part of an animal rescue. Brush, pet, socialize puppies, bath if possible. Stay away, and make this crystal clear, from the bad people who sometimes do drop off their own disasters. But make sure Dingo kknows he's your main man. Baby steps, Betheny. Baby steps.

News here in Mad City, WI? Yep, we moved and the house in Maryland is on the market. Been here about a month since the renovations were done to the bath. Still need to fix the dam shower glass door that leaks if I use the handheld. Jay is set for a hip replacement April 6th. And my Dad's last annual screening CT to watch that abdominal aortic anuerysm found a tiny 'thing' in his left lung. He finished 5 high dose radiation treatments last week. I guess if you have to have lung cancer finding it at under a centimeter and hasn't invaded anything else is a good time. Laugh damn it! Maggie is at least loving her 2 trips a day to the dog park.

I've missed you, Beth. No one else has gone through the ghoulies like we have. And do not let some 'I'll save you' type man make you his project because they tend to be beaters.

Let it be. Let it go...
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton View Post
    Let it be, let it go...

I know it is Kansas but have you thought of checking if there is a Universal Unitarian group near by? Doubt you'll find any Santorum followers in those groups/churches and you might find some real friends. Call the loner on a regular basis. Even if it is just a 60 second "Hi. you doing ok? Nah, today went good and tomorrow should too." Rinse and repeat.
    If the need to save overwhelms volunteer on the back part of an animal rescue. Brush, pet, socialize puppies, bath if possible. Stay away, and make this crystal clear, from the bad people who sometimes do drop off their own disasters. But make sure Dingo kknows he's your main man. Baby steps, Betheny. Baby steps.

News here in Mad City, WI? Yep, we moved and the house in Maryland is on the market. Been here about a month since the renovations were done to the bath. Still need to fix the dam shower glass door that leaks if I use the handheld. Jay is set for a hip replacement April 6th. And my Dad's last annual screening CT to watch that abdominal aortic anuerysm found a tiny 'thing' in his left lung. He finished 5 high dose radiation treatments last week. I guess if you have to have lung cancer finding it at under a centimeter and hasn't invaded anything else is a good time. Laugh damn it! Maggie is at least loving her 2 trips a day to the dog park.

I've missed you, Beth. No one else has gone through the ghoulies like we have. And do not let some 'I'll save you' type man make you his project because they tend to be beaters.

Let it be. Let it go...
    Really, Betheny, if anything I would go for healthy, carefree, handsome, solvent men...Do you really need more suffering? Everybody agrees that you are an attractive woman, inside and out. I say pamper yourself to the max.

Quote Originally Posted by Cripply View Post
    Really, Betheny, if anything I would go for healthy, carefree, handsome, solvent men...Do you really need more suffering? Everybody agrees that you are an attractive woman, inside and out. I say pamper yourself to the max.
    This kind of man works. The overly helpful right off the bat type spells roll away as fast as you can.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

We love you Betheny. That's about all I can say because your strength through all of this leaves me in shock and awe. You may not see it now, but we all do.

Good to have you back.

And you'll always be my favourite GILF.

No doubt the Internet has left us with attention deficit, but on the upside it can carry an incredible message of love. Bethany you have done so much for this community and your family. Take good care of yourself.

I'm moving in June as well. Across town but it's my Arizona. A new beginning for both of us.

welcome back, you were missed.

Sometimes there are no words.

peace

ket

all that I am is all gone
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    I'm finally learning not to trust too many people. Seems behind every bush lies an agenda...
    !
    Betheny- Love all, trust few, harm none. Your one of my original buds here remember? Figure it out then work it out, I'm going to say a little prayer for you, perhaps it will be heard !!
    JimmyMack
    Member: New Jersey Commission on Spinal Cord Reasearch
    http://www.state.nj.us/health/spinalcord/index.shtml

Welcome back Betheny. I missed you.
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

I knew someone was missing browsing through here...welcome back!