Thread: New nerve pain

New nerve pain

I have been injured for over seven years and have never had much of any pain, but for some reason I woke up yesterday morning to very intense nerve pain that has not gone away since. It's all over my body right now and driving me crazy. From my shoulders down it's just pins and needles. It makes me tired and cold and seems to be more mental than anything else. Is this something that can happen so long after the injury? Any idea what can cause it or if I can do something about it?
    Thanks
    Frankly, I'm tired of sitting in this damn electric chair.

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Sudden onset of that degree of pain, along with the other symptoms you describe, warrant prompt investigation - I would call a neurologist immediately. If something new is going on with your cord, each day of waiting increases the possibility of irreversible damage. I hope you'll be diagnosed, treated appropriately and feeling better very soon.

I have an appointment for tomorrow morning.
    Frankly, I'm tired of sitting in this damn electric chair.

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

im all a sudden experiencing the same thing. c-5-6 but its mainly my arsze n legs n feet. same time duration u quoted. 7 years riding smooth then coming up on 8 like train wreck. torqued my phsychy big time. feels like sitting in a campfire with searing spikes penetrating into the bone. its actually those 2 pointy buttocks bones just screaming for pressure relief. a freind brought over lydocane patches and but doc visit said insurance wouldnt cover those so requested morphine notfor daily use but emergencys. gonna stay on daily nightly meds but if its totally constant for you, it has been 4 me lately too, i know tough to decipher. but yea tried laying on my stomach which is tpugh for as long as i culd to relieve pressure (this obviously main culprit) with patches on each side and that helps, thenback to turning on sides at night, but daytime up in chair is the strenuous time cause the pointy bones feel like theyre protruding thru the skin. gonna try to get stander.. this shyt aint right, human body wasnt built for this, its meant to move, everything in nature moves, even plants n trees.. this things morbid mann.
    Let us know your doc chekup brutha, we'll be here.
    I am not your rolling wheels
    I am the highway
    I am not your carpet ride
    I am the sky
    I am not your blowing wind
    I am the lightning
    I am not your autumn moon
    I am the night, the night..

Glad you have an appointment, Chef - keep us posted!

I also have come down the new nerve pain. the doc's don't now why. It a ripping tearing feeling in my gut/pelvic area. I REALY gets bad when going over bump. I can barley make it to town in my van, because the small bumps flares it up.
    Let us know what the dr's say