Thread: Qatar conference

Qatar conference

does anybody know if any presentations are posted anywhere? If so, how do we access them. Stem Cell INc had 2 presentations given among others. Thought it would be interesting if anything new is presented.

Anthony

What're you talking about? What conference?
    Give more info please
    I'm interested
    Didn't know Qatar had conferences about sci?

http://www.qf-research-division.org/stemcell2012/; diaspora, stem cell inc is making two presentations at this thing. I don't sh-- about Qatar and it's stem cell reaearch, but evidently they got something going on. I would like to read the presentations tha tstarted MOnday I think. anyway good luck.

anthony

Here's the 2012 program: Program Overview
    To discuss how scientists should address conflicting and confusing national policies and assess the different models of international collaboration. http://www.qf-research-division.org/...12/program.php

This is the only presentation being done on Stem Cells Inc.

Session 8: Neurological Disorders 9:30am - 11:15am (Day 4 March 1st, 2012)
    "Clinical Translation of Human Neural Stem Cells, Promise for the Future"
    Dr. Ann Tsukamoto Weissman - Stem Cells Inc.

Here's some of the video series from previous lectures hosted by the Qatar Foundation:
    http://www.qf-research-division.org/...t_lectures.php
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 03-01-2012 at 04:11 PM.

there are two from stem cell inc;

Quote Originally Posted by keeping on View Post
    there are two from stem cell inc;
    Anthony, there are not 2 presentations...

2012 program: Program Overview
    To discuss how scientists should address conflicting and confusing national policies and assess the different models of international collaboration.

Ann Tsukamoto Weissman, Ph.D., StemCells' Executive Vice President, Research and Development, will make a "presentation" on the clinical translation of human neural stem cells. Session 8: Neurological Disorders 9:30am - 11:15am (Day 4 March 1st, 2012) "Clinical Translation of Human Neural Stem Cells, Promise for the Future"

Irving Weissman, M.D., just did a "keynote address" on normal and neoplastic stem cells at the conference on Tuesday, February 28 at 9:00 a.m. and "participated in a panel discussion" on the opportunities and challenges for stem cell research. His address wasn't about Stem Cells Inc.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 03-02-2012 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Anthony, there are not 2 presentations...

2012 program: Program Overview
    To discuss how scientists should address conflicting and confusing national policies and assess the different models of international collaboration.

Irving Weissman, M.D., just did a "keynote address" on normal and neoplastic stem cells at the conference on Tuesday, February 28 at 9:00 a.m. and "participated in a panel discussion" on the opportunities and challenges for stem cell research. His address wasn't about Stem Cells Inc.
    I like that the researchers are continuing to search for the next trial. So far there are none that really have me screaming with excitement. A good economy driving better funding would help because yea it is about money to do the lab & bench level research.

Quote Originally Posted by c473s View Post
    I like that the researchers are continuing to search for the next trial. So far there are none that really have me screaming with excitement. A good economy driving better funding would help because yea it is about money to do the lab & bench level research.
    The financial flow and collaboration on exisiting work is critical in order for us to not waste time and our resources. It's great that people are speaking out and working internationally at conferences around the world. With any luck the economy will strengthen and we'll have the necessary dollars to push forward.