Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Somebody give me tough love

Quote Originally Posted by alhavel View Post
    I was going to suggest Daisy, but , I see she already responded
    Now....Now.... There was a bit more to that fairytail including many private IM's and goldylox had all different colors of hair in all of them and she was driving a 1930 packard model wheelchair. So when that happens....I have to bring out a little purple ink. It helps me make my point and helps clear up which tales or tails of goldylox I will believe

I went to lots of trouble to make 2 + 2 =4 but it never did...and wanted goldylox to have at least a 1957 model ford wheelchair instead and was willing help.

It's not tough love....
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy View Post
    What part of Houston are you going to? That

The pool is the place to be to regain it all back.
    Daisy, can you tell me more about regaining it all back in the pool? Hydrotherapy has really helped my son -- it was in the pool that he took his first steps 19 months after his C5 injury. That was over a year ago and progress has been slow since then -- still only "walks" in the pool and in a rolling hoist thing with someone kicking his less responsive right leg to initiate the step. It's been too cold for the pool but warming up now. Apart from actual hydrotherapy sessions, what's the best thing to do in the pool when there's only the family to help? Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Tough Love?Umm okay; get off the pity pot, get into the pool and swim to stretch out and get the cardio going, get into a gym with trainer to get the proper form and function, buy a handcycle and get on the road. Oh Yea, and have fun, don't put yourself down or blame others for your condition and start now.

Good Luck C., it's never too late to get back in shape.
    This is the attitude I need!! I am indeed in the pity pot. Thanks pal

Thanks y'all !!!
    If it was not so painful just to move one inch in any direction...damn

Quote Originally Posted by mamadavid View Post
    Daisy, can you tell me more about regaining it all back in the pool? Hydrotherapy has really helped my son -- it was in the pool that he took his first steps 19 months after his C5 injury. That was over a year ago and progress has been slow since then -- still only "walks" in the pool and in a rolling hoist thing with someone kicking his less responsive right leg to initiate the step. It's been too cold for the pool but warming up now. Apart from actual hydrotherapy sessions, what's the best thing to do in the pool when there's only the family to help? Thanks in advance for any ideas.
    I was referring to cripply's regaining of her strength, range of motion, etc that she had lost since she has been focusing on her work.

I wish I could help you with specific things to do but I don't know the answer. I had an old book that I ordered when I was first injured(1990"s) with exercises that detailed some exercises you could do. It is in storage and I can't remember the name of it. It was written especially by and for SCI. I am getting my stuff out of storage next week. I would be glad to pass it along.

I don't think they even print it anymore. Can anyone here remember the name of the one I am talking about? It has a green and white cover on it? They weren't all in the pool though.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Was it "The Care and Feeding of a Quad"? That came out in the -70's I think

Or was it out of the chair and into the swimming pool? Or something like that?

Hi all,

I'm new to CareCure. My son was injured almost two months ago. But I think I know what book you are refering to. Overcoming Paralysis Into the Water and Out of the Wheelchair. By Igor Burdenko and Scott Biehler. I found a copy on Amazon as we are very interested in aquatic/water therapy.

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    You'll do it Doc, good luck in Houston. Something is always better than nothing.

I have looked at many pools with a terrible wanting. Would not let me in the one at rehab, afraid I would shit myself.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Forestranger52-Don't they have pool diapers for that.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old