Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Huang Will Lecture September 5th

Dr. Huang Will Lecture September 5th

Dr. Huang has received his visa. Thus, there will be two lectures on Friday, September 5th. One will be from 12-1:30. The second presentaton will be at our Open House starting at 5:00 with an Overview of Transplantation by Dr. Wise Young.

Because this is unpublished material which has not been peer-reviewed, it will not be able to be taped. A written report will be available at a later date.

Just a reminder that this lecture is being held to provide information and doesn't imply an endorsement of the procedure.

Thank you for your patience.

Persist in Hope,
    Patricia

Well, that was a nail-biter! Will we on the forums be getting a recap of what's said before the official later "written report"? Hope so!

(See, I'm persisting. )

OK, I am going to be persistent too. Would you consider taping the presentation and then releasing the tape after the results are published?

Unfortunately, I am stuck in the bed because of a pressure soar and there is no way I could attend. Any idea on how long Dr.Huang will be in the state's?

Are these lectures open to everyone? Is this something we should encourage our physiatrists or neurosurgeons to attend?
    Thank you.

Hi Everyone,

This has all happened quite fast - in fact, we had a 'it's been postponed' note ready to go when his e-mail arrived. So we don't have all of the answers yet - plus half of the universe is out for the long weekend.

I will happily gather all questions and suggestions and get back when we know more. So at this point, no answer simply means that there isn't one yet.

Thanks so much for your patience and understanding.

Persist in Hope,
    Patricia

Hell yes! That's what I like to hear! Can't you tape it with a big disclaimer? What is the harm in one person taping another? All of us need this! And all of us want to be a part of it somehow. Let's find some ways to make a great thing even better.

I would like to attend the lecture, is it possible to get tickets?

If so please post the where, when data

Thanks

Jim

Just read me own reply and I meant to ask the where and when for the tickets not the lecture as it is @ rutgers on Sept 5.

Sorry

sci pilot,

We don't sell tickets. There is no charge for coming. However, people should call our Center to let us know that they are coming. The reason people should call is so that we know how many will be coming and can prepare accordingly and also give people directions on how to get here, arrange for parking, etc.

Let me address the earlier questions about taping and webcast, and report of it. It is not appropriate for dissemination of the talk on tape or other media for the following reasons:

1. The data has not yet been published. Dr. Huang has submitted the manuscript for publication. Most journals will not publish reports that already have been published elsewhere. A tape that is passed around or internet publication of the tape may be considered prior publication and may jeopardize the publication of the data.

2. Journals, however, allow presentation of talks about the work at scientific meetings. This is a scientific meeting and people can come as our guests.

3. Finally, we would like this to be a frank scientific presentation and discussion without all the show and dance that occurs if it were taped for public dissemination or if press were present.

I am sorry that many of you may not be able to come but please be assured that there probably will be extensive discussion afterward here on the forums. There will also be other opportunities.

Wise.

Dr. Young wrote, "There will also be other opportunities. "

I personally just want to put a face with a name, and somehow get a gauge of how passionate Dr.Huang is about his work. I have seriously considered (just like everyone else) undergoing Dr.Huang's procedure over the last few months and if I decide to go ahead in the future, this just seemed like a great opportunity to meet him rather than meeting him on a visit to Beijing a day before surgery. Hopefully, as you say there will be other opportunities.

Thanks Dr. Young, Patricia and everyone else for helping to bring Dr.Huang to U.S. for presentations like this. I think if it is great for the credibility of the study and the research in general that Dr.Huang in sharing his results.

* * I don't know if everyone was impressed as much as I was with the webcast from Australia earlier this year which was the first time I had heard you speak Dr. Young. As great as this website is, I don't think it expresses your passion for your work as well as your personal presentations do. I was hoping to hear that same passion from Dr.Huang. Thanks for making the trip Dr.Huang. Oh And if you want to come to Houston, Tx Dr.Huang, I will pick up your expenses and cocktails of choice.