Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Painful Pain Experiences

A good pain clinic is a must, learning as much as you cam about the different types of medications for nerve pain, and being patient and trying out different combinations of meds (that needs patience and perseverance). there is plenty to try. This site has good info on different types of meds for nerve pain.
    http://www.painclinic.org/

Lu

CC has been a big help in dealing with my abdominal pain. One thing you quickly realize is that pain control is much more an art than science. It usually requires a trial and error approach. However, finding a physician who understands that and has the patience to stick with you is key.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

I quit my pain meds after being on them for 17 years. I was cut off after they claim I failed my drug test. It's bullshit but I didn't say anything because although I knew I didn't have the drug they claimed was detected in my urine, I knew I had smoked and eaten marijuana and that automatically disqualifies me for the pain management program for which I signed an agreement. It was a blessing in disguise and I'm so happy that I no longer have to go in for those stupid ass, annoying appointments with doctors who don't give a shit about me. First of all, OMFG, how dare they just cut me off, cold turkey after getting me completely reliant on these narcotic pain meds for almost half of my life. That in itself blows my mind and should be considered extremely cruel. But whatever bc I had just started following a chiro online via youtube and all his talking throughout his videos prompted me to do my own research with regard to prescription drugs. And this is what I learned: Your body can heal itself but only if you allow it. Pain meds, like hydrocodone interfere with the body's natural healing process. The meds are awesome bc they scramble or kill the pain message from reaching your brain but just imagine how many other messages are being misdirected, killed and scrambled so that your body isn't able to function properly. I still get horrible, debilitating pain episodes but nothing more than what I had been suffering while on meds. I would have never deliberately chosen to quit taking my meds, I considered them my life line and the thought of not having them scared me so much that I felt the need to stockpile pills whenever possible.

Definitely don't give up and listen to your Doctor that's bs. T-10 para incomplete chronic pain since injury extreme level 10 shit where you contemplate suicide. The Doctors we're doing nothing for my pain.I told them I was going to take myself out of this world if they didn't. Finally after 23 years of chronic pain and trying so many different pain medications. I had to have a baclofen medtronic pump installed for my spasms. They also tried different pain medications to go direct to my spine. I am at a level 4 to 5 daily with pain. I have hydromorphone in my pump get low doses all day long. Lasts for about 4 months then have to refill my pump. I also get 30 percocents a month only 10 mg for breakthrough pain.

Diazapam or Klonipin takes the edge off my nerve pain. I take lyrica, but only because I've been too lazy to ween myself off it. I also find medical marijuana to help if you can find a CBD:THC ratio of 1:1. Even if you cannot find that, for me at least, it makes it much easier to ignore the pain even if the actual pain level seems the same when I give it my attention. Essentially weed is a distraction of sorts so other distractions work as well. I get so buy at work that sometimes I go for a while without noticing it so much.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

That's terrible! I understand that it is impossible thing to cope with. My uncle was removed one spinal cord a year ago and it was changed by an artificial one and he suffers from really severe back and leg pain! And no painkiller help.... You know, I saw that sometimes he even cries... It's impossible to see

Quote Originally Posted by squid007 View Post
    That's terrible! I understand that it is impossible thing to cope with. My uncle was removed one spinal cord a year ago and it was changed by an artificial one and he suffers from really severe back and leg pain! And no painkiller help.... You know, I saw that sometimes he even cries... It's impossible to see
    I think you may be confused about the difference between SPINAL injuries and SPINAL CORD injuries. There are no artificial spinal cords. Spinal vertebrae (bones) may be rebuilt from grafted bone and hardware, and some physicians will try implantation of artificial spinal discs (the spongy pad between the vertebrae), but there is no artificial spinal cord, nor is it common to have spinal cord tissue surgically removed.

It would be very helpful if you would complete your profile, as requested when you registered.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.