Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: d's lock

d's lock

Does anyone have the installation instructions for the d's lock?
    Thanks,
    Tin
    T3 Complete
    to my alarm: "quiet b*tch! I know what I have to do every two hr. Argggggg!!!!"

I tossed my instructions, but installing D's is pretty easy. Here's some pics of mine; hopefully they will help. The only issue I had was TiLite's camber plugs are not centered, so you have to spin the D's bracket around the axle until they can catch the lock ring. Also make sure you have the right lock ring for your wheels. I had the wrong ones at first, and didn't realize why the weren't fitting for awhile - they should fit real well if they're right.

Note: the pics show piston lock nut on the inside. I've since moved it to the outside for better access.
    Last edited by chasmengr; 02-29-2012 at 02:15 AM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    I tossed my instructions, but installing D's is pretty easy. Here's some pics of mine; hopefully they will help. The only issue I had was TiLite's camber plugs are not centered, so you have to spin the D's bracket around the axle until they can catch the lock ring. Also make sure you have the right lock ring for your wheels. I had the wrong ones at first, and didn't realize why the weren't fitting for awhile - they should fit real well if they're right.

Note: the pics show piston lock nut on the inside. I've since moved it to the outside for better access.
    What chair do you have? Will they fit on my zra2?
    Thank you,
    Tin
    T3 Complete

might need a longer camber tube. d's locks on quickie q7's need a longer camber tube. not sure how tlite works.

Quote Originally Posted by randomryan007 View Post
    might need a longer camber tube. d's locks on quickie q7's need a longer camber tube. not sure how tlite works.
    Damn... That stinks, I have Ds on my wish list. Now I'll have to add new camber tube to the price... Probably never gonna get them!

I'd really like to know the price of the ADI disc brakes, but its never listed anywhere. Its probably somewhat dependent on what wheelchair, but I wish there was a ballpark figure somewhere.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

ADI brakes are from 1500.00 on up. the last time I priced them out

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    Damn... That stinks, I have Ds on my wish list. Now I'll have to add new camber tube to the price... Probably never gonna get them!

I'd really like to know the price of the ADI disc brakes, but its never listed anywhere. Its probably somewhat dependent on what wheelchair, but I wish there was a ballpark figure somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by tinng321 View Post
    What chair do you have? Will they fit on my zra2?
    Thank you,
    Tin
    I have an AeroZ1, which has the same configuration as a ZRA1. They should fit just fine on a ZRA2. Be sure to specify exactly what wheels you have - each type requires a different lock ring. I have Spynergy 30-spoke wheels.
    Attachment 43970

PS: I just remembered, I repositioned my antitippers to the insides of the axle mounts, which created more axle exposure (why, I don't remember now). You may or may not need to do that.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

The kit on sport aid is $424 but when I choose the chair I have it added another $58 + some more $$$ for the type of wheel I have. I thought the kit comes with everything and I just have to choose the correct fitment for my chair. This is a rip off.
    T3 Complete

Quote Originally Posted by tinng321 View Post
    The kit on sport aid is $424 but when I choose the chair I have it added another $58 + some more $$$ for the type of wheel I have. I thought the kit comes with everything and I just have to choose the correct fitment for my chair. This is a rip off.
    D's at Sportaid for my chair price out at $526. Only a few chair-wheel combos price at $424. Many products are priced that way (i.e., increased price for proper-fit options).
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Spinlife has it at 424 with the tilite Zra option but it doesn't an option for the wheel types.
    T3 Complete