Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: a question for DR YOUNG

a question for DR YOUNG

i recieved a newsletter from healingtherepies about rerouting nerves can you tell me of any cases you know of were this has been sucessfull.

glomae,

This has been discussed extensively. Dr. Zhang in Shanghai has been doing nerve briding from ventral root above the injury site to various nerves below the injury site, including bladder. Dr. Giorgio Brunelli has also been doing a more radical form of the nerve bridging by inserting a peripheral nerve into the spinal cord above the injury site.

A number of people have gone to Shanghai, including some on this site, and have been operated on by Zhang. You can search on this site for his name. You will have to judge for yourself whether the procedure is worth it. I think that it has theoretical potential but unfortunately Zhang has not published his experience in detail (at least in Western journals). I spoke to Zhang last year and was impressed (he has done hundreds of cases).

Much controversy surrounds Brunelli's work and I have discussed some of the problems inherent in the procedure. However, Carlstedt at the Royal National Orthopedic Hospital at Stanmore, London, has reported some success in reimplanting avulsed spinal roots back into the spinal cord.

I hope that this has been helpful.

Wise.

thanks dr i visited the site www.healingtherapies.info and found alot of info and several procedures and guess what they even mention us[carecure]

Originally posted by glomae:

thanks dr i visited the site http://www.healingtherapies.info and found alot of info and several procedures and guess what they even mention us[carecure]
    Glomae,
    Thanks for the link to this site..
    Most interesting. We caretakers of paralyzed
    dogs have found acupuncture to be of benefit.

And of course water therapies.
    I found the powdered chicken feet to be a bit
    out there..but the dolphin therapy most
    possible in theory. Perhaps their sonar works
    a bit like the acupuncture.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what
    we give.
    Winston Churchill

Lindox,

How good to hear that acupuncture has benefited your dogs. Acupuncture is more and more accepted and applied in Europe. They offer courses at the Medical Universities. The anesthetists I've heard all have gone to China for few months to learn it. Though I can imagine you need a lot of experience to know how to do it. Since last year it is even paid by the European social health insurances...Some of the patients found relief by acupuncture, though nobody seems to be able to tell why it works. How long is it now that you have started it? I would love to kiss your dog's pains and troubles away. It makes me feeling so small not to be able to do anything in this direction.

Janet

Originally posted by Piela:

Lindox,

How good to hear that acupuncture has benefited your dogs. Acupuncture is more and more accepted and applied in Europe. They offer courses at the Medical Universities. The anesthetists I’ve heard all have gone to China for few months to learn it. Though I can imagine you need a lot of experience to know how to do it. Since last year it is even paid by the European social health insurances...Some of the patients found relief by acupuncture, though nobody seems to be able to tell why it works. How long is it now that you have started it? I would love to kiss your dog’s pains and troubles away. It makes me feeling so small not to be able to do anything in this direction.

Janet
    Janet,
    Many of our dogs have and do receive acupuncture treatments. Just like any alternate treatment..well can you really know
    if it is what is helping..or the other 20 things you are trying. We can't..but with certain combinations and with certain pups
    these things help...but not cure.

As with humans...it depends on the severity
    of the injury to the cord and the amount
    of secondary damages.
    If a kiss could cure these babies...well all
    would be healed. And the remarkable part is
    these little dogs would take the humans paralysis on themselves to bear if they could.
    If you want to read about the acupuncture and other alternative therapies being used with
    our pups visit: http://www.dodgerslist.com.
    Thanks for caring.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what
    we give.
    Winston Churchill

Thank you, Lindox

Modern science is starting to verify that some of these age-old remedies really work. The evidence is promising enough that Western researchers have begun looking to China for potential new therapies. I was interested in integrating Eastern and Western philosophies and finding a common language. Why should people use just one modality? I remember reading about some professor of radiology using functional magnetic resonance imagining to examine the effects of foot acupuncture on brain activity. We used to think these were mysterious energies, but not anymore. I know there are no cures, but some of these alternative medicines help relieve pain.

Janet

dr young how do i go about finding the person on this forum that has had nerve re routing so i could get more specefics on the procedure, mainly the cost invovled and the process in order to get started.

Try the following topic in the Announcement Forum from Tifani

Dr. Young,

Has this kind of test been ever made? :

A child breaks his spine and he has no brother or syster. The parents decide to have one in order to cure his paralysis. So some of their eggs are fertilized and the scientists choose the one which is genetically best fit the genetic of the injured boy. This egg is then implanted into the mom and when the new kid borns, his umbilical cord blood's stem cells are injected into the injured boy.

If this test has not been made yet, what would you expect in this kind of experiment?

What would you expect if embryonic stem cells were used instead of umbilical cor blood's stem cells?
    Thanks
    Bubo