Thread: My visit to the W.M. Keck Center

My visit to the W.M. Keck Center

Greetings.

I was back east last week seeing friends, family, clients. On Wednesday I took a trip to Rutgers to see the Center.

After much difficulty actually getting to the building (massive construction in the area) I finally found it.

Greeted by Patricia I was introduced to Emily (a fourth yr grad student) who did an excellent job in describing the design, layout, function and accessibility that abounds here.

Collaboration is the key. There are very few walls and very few boundaries. Space as well as ideas are shared, discussed and developed in a very open and, may I add, stainess steel (clean)environment.

I witnessed a rat contusion using a device that drops a weight to induce the injury. Saw the neurosurgical staff perform and witnessed the housing / care facilities for the animals.

An amazing place that Dr. Young and his staff have developed. Technology is high end and the projects are intricate, necessary, and valuable. The dedication was evident in Emily's presentation and I got the impression that everyone was focused on a single purpose - curing sci / paralysis. Very encouraging.

All in all it was about a 2hr experience and well worth it. I mean how many places have (transgenic) rats that glow in the dark?

Oh, and incidentally, I looked but I didn't see any inclined beds? I guess the Keck center is behind the times.

C-ya. Onward and Upward.

Dear Chris,
    It was great to meet you and welcome you here! Glad you had a good time. Come back again!

If any of the rest of you are heading East, give us a call and we'll be happy to arrange a visit. Our door is always open to our CareCure Family!

Persist in Hope,
    Patricia

Chris, I am so sorry that I missed you! Wise.

DR Young are you having a open house on Sept 5 if so what do I need to do.

Call my office and let them know that you are coming. My staff will send you the information and also parking permit, etc.

Wise Young, Ph.D., M.D., Professor & Chair
    Dept. of Cell Biology & Neuroscience
    W. M. Keck Center of Collaborative Neuroscience
    D224 Nelson Lab, 604 Allison Rd., Busch Campus
    Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey
    Piscataway NJ 08854-8082
    tel: 732-445-2061, fax: 732-445-2063
    email: wisey@pipeline.com; http:sciwire.com

Wise.

Will Dr. Huang be giving a presentation at the next open house?