Thread: Looking for Funding Sources for Grad School

Looking for Funding Sources for Grad School

I didn't see a thread that I could hijack, so here goes:

I've applied to several universities around the country for a Masters' program in International Relations. So far, I've received acceptance from one of my 4 schools, along with a fellowship worth about 1/4th the cost. I've completed my FAFSA and I'm waiting to see what I'm offered by the feds. But it sounds like $20,000-$25,000 is the cap for federal loans per year. This leaves me with maybe $15,000 left to pull together, per year. VocRehab is probably not an option either, as 3 of the 4 schools are out-of-state.

Is there a centralized place to look at disability-based funding or another venue of funding that I've not considered yet? Do any of the big funds allot money to continuing education?

Thanks in advance.

Talk to the departments of the schools that you're looking at & see if they have any assistantships/etc available. My grad school tuition was funded by a research grant, though it was essentially a part time job.

Debt from education loans is a burden that you'll want to unload ASAP. When I got married I inherited my wife's loans & they were no fun to deal with.

Take on as little debt as possible. It's not worth it.

Thanks, Scott. It's looking like that's nearly all they're offering, outside of work-study. But I'll keep at it. Thanks again for the input.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    In pursuit of the truth.