Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't need no stinking ROHO.

Angry I don't need no stinking ROHO.

Well I really do. But it stinks like funk. i was sick last month and leaking ass juice (there is an article on this under butt snot). tHIS STUFF REALLY STINKS EVEN AFTER CLEANING MYSELF AND THE CUSHION. seems lysol and rubber makes things worse. wife used anti bacterial hand soap, no go. any recomendations?
    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
    Bob Seger

Handheld steam cleaner? Local hardware or appliance store may have one or you could order one online (Shark). Vinegar/water solution? Sorry that happened!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Go to a pet store and get Nature's Miracle. We have two cats and we get the cat formula to clean their gaks up. When one was spraying it worked wonders. We use this stuff on anything organic that smells or stains. Might have to do it a couple of times, but the funk will go neutral.

Id go with vinegar. I foster animals and have had to clean up so many nasty messes... And animals with certain illnesses like giardia or coccidia, omg the smell... Straight white vinegar! I would dump as much as you can on the cushion. Hell soak the thing if you can! Straight vinegar or a high concentration of vinegar and water. Then just leave to air dry, the vinegar smell will completely go away. Once it has, the other smell should have as well.

I've had better results from straight vinegar than most expensive enzyme cleaners (like natures miracle) and its CHEAP to boot!
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

I also recommend the pet vomit clean up spray for this. You can't use steam. It will damage the cells.

(KLD)

Hollister M9 odor eliminator drops or spray for colostomies has worked to get the odor out of a Jay cushion, might work on a Roho. I have also found the Nature's Miracle citrus to work.

Quote Originally Posted by tvot View Post
    Well I really do. But it stinks like funk. i was sick last month and leaking ass juice (there is an article on this under butt snot). tHIS STUFF REALLY STINKS EVEN AFTER CLEANING MYSELF AND THE CUSHION. seems lysol and rubber makes things worse. wife used anti bacterial hand soap, no go. any recomendations?
    tvot,

Here are care instructions taken directly from our website. Let me know what solution you find that works for you.

Good luck!

Tom Borcherding
    The ROHO Group
    tomb@therohogroup.com

CLEANING AND DISINFECTING AT HOME
    Cleaning: Deflate the product, close the valve(s) and place in a large deep wash basin. Use a soft plastic bristle brush, sponge or washcloth to gently, but thoroughly scrub all of the air cells and the spaces between. Use the edge of the basin to spread the air cells for good access to the base. Rinse completely and towel or hang to dry. Home cleaning products that can be used are liquid dishwashing detergents
    (DO NOT USE automatic dishwasher detergents which are too caustic for personal safety), liquid laundry detergents or general purpose housekeeping cleaning products. Dilute following the product label directions for surface cleaning. After cleaning, the basin must be disinfected.

Disinfecting: Periodic cleaning is all that is recommended unless there is a known infection or an open wound. If disinfection is desired, use a solution of 1.5 fl. oz. of household liquid chlorine bleach in one gallon of water. Always follow manufacturers safety guidelines on the product label. Soak the clean product in the diluted bleach for 10 minutes, rinse completely and allow to dry.

Deodorizing: To deodorize ROHO DRY FLOATATION products mix one tablespoon of baking soda per quart of water (25 gm/l) or a solution of 1 part vinegar in 10 parts water. Soak for several hours, rinse and let dry. This may need to be repeated several times. Clean product frequently or use an incontinent covering to avoid strong odors and staining.

Tom. Do you like the Hybrid Elite ? I'm on a Verilite Evolution and I'm not crazy about it.

I have a hybrid elite and like it a lot. I tried the supracore contoured and went back to the hybrid elite. It is lighter, and feel more stable in it.

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    I purchased a liquid resistant cover from ROHO and it works well at stopping stuff from getting inside. I need a protective barrior to keep my butt crack from burning like hell. Nerve related. Bag Balm is cheaper than vasaline but either made a mess inside the fingers of the cushion. No more.

ROHO Heavy Duty Cushion Cover.
    Last edited by forestranger52; 02-25-2012 at 08:56 PM.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt