Thread: New electric wchair no one could get to steer smooth

New electric wchair no one could get to steer smooth

3 months of techs coming and adjusting electronics in hand control,chair would lurch left or right into walls etc ..finally a tech sat in chair and tried everything with hand held programmer,he could not drive it, he got out of chair sat on floor lifted corner up caster would not rotate. ALL 4 WERE TORQUED TO OVER 100 PSI. So whatever direction they were facing thats where your headed.

QUANTUM 6000Z

Three months and they never checked wheels?

Let me guess, motion specialties from London?

I'm guessing Shoppers Home Health.

all my stuff, raz commode, portable hoyer, bed...etc have all needed numerous repairs in the last 6 mth. not happy with motions equipment...SHHC has also been sub-par with supply deliveries...constant battles...c'est la vie...lol

I'm not sure how it is in other parts of the world, but in Ontario in my opinion it seems that the DMEs for the most part have had it too good for too long. I think there needs to be more audits to these companies and should be regulated to a certain standard. The customer service is almost non existent and the prices are over inflated to maximize the ADP funding.

I have also certainly come across some wonderful people (Craig Macmillan from SHHC in Hamilton) very helpful, punctual and considerate of actual needs. He has been a pleasure to work with and would highly recommend him to anyone in the southwestern Ontario area looking for a reliable dme.

Shoppers...................

Quote Originally Posted by K-dog View Post
    I'm not sure how it is in other parts of the world, but in Ontario in my opinion it seems that the DMEs for the most part have had it too good for too long. I think there needs to be more audits to these companies and should be regulated to a certain standard. The customer service is almost non existent and the prices are over inflated to maximize the ADP funding.

I have also certainly come across some wonderful people (Craig Macmillan from SHHC in Hamilton) very helpful, punctual and considerate of actual needs. He has been a pleasure to work with and would highly recommend him to anyone in the southwestern Ontario area looking for a reliable dme.
    That's how it works. Send your friends to the good guys and tell them to avoid the bad ones. Believe me, if enough people do this, the message gets out.