Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pit Bull Dog bites, chases, anybody?

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    I learned in the Army how to protect myself from dogs. Unfortunately sometimes there have been stiches involved before incapacitation.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by sherocksandsherolls View Post
    Oh my god, that is such a beautiful dog! What a lucky one too! best pic!
    thanks... shes such a luv bug. always by my side but always wants to explore other people and strangers just to see if they'll pet her. after a quick rub she comes right back to me

All good ideas.Thanks!

I'm glad to learn what the animals go for, flesh not tires. and that they bite high. That is good so I can prepare.

I keep wasp spray handy at home along with firearms for humans. Those are for indoor use only.

I just ordered a couple of different ergonomic style stun guns. I may need to zap the dog owner also if he gets pissed enough to assault me for knocking out his precious dog child. ha

Since my hands are numb this one type of stun gun I ordered will stay in my hand, even if I end up on the ground.

When I was AB and used to jog, a nearby yard had a pit bull that tore at his fence to get at me every time I went by. I even used the other side of the street.

He began to get out and corner me. I slowly walked backwards to get out of his territory. He began to expand his territory to my front yard. I was sure he was going to bite me. I had enough and decided to kill him the next time he came at me.

So, the next time I brought the ole long ice pick on a stick for a chest stab. (unfortunately, had to do that years before on another animal, while under attack).

I forgot exactly how it happened, but he was quiet and approached me. I let him sniff me. He remained cautious and calm. I turned my back to him and resumed walking. I looked back and he was following me. I talked nice to him and he wagged his tail. He was ugly as hell, but I swear he could smile.

As time went by he became my pal. He would meet me every day to jog with me. He became very protective. He would scout ahead and come back to check on me. Then run ahead again and come back again. He would walk me right to my door everyday.

I marveled at his fabulous architecture. He was rippling with muscles. His square head held huge jaw muscles. I deducted that his entire body was a life support system for a set of jaws. But he could smile ! And he liked me.

This went on for a couple of months. Then he disappeared. I missed him and feared that somebody took him away for acting vicious while loose.

Poor creature. A victim of his genes. Not ready for human society. A good and bad dog. Nobody trained him to over ride his instincts. The owners were gang types. I never spoke to them. Their garage emitted the 'skunky' smell of a meth lab.
    C3,4,5....no deltoids.

It is a shame because some pitbulls areadorable (have a different genetic mix than the ones bred for fights). But imagine being confrontred by this:

What a sad story. Most likely that dog was actually friendly, just scared.
    The pitbulls that attack would not hesitate. Yes it is amazing how strong and muscular they are. Beautiful creatures.

I'm glad to learn what the animals go for, flesh not tires. and that they bite high. That is good so I can prepare.

I keep wasp spray handy at home along with firearms for humans. Those are for indoor use only.

I just ordered a couple of different ergonomic style stun guns. I may need to zap the dog owner also if he gets pissed enough to assault me for knocking out his precious dog child. ha

Since my hands are numb this one type of stun gun I ordered will stay in my hand, even if I end up on the ground.

When I was AB and used to jog, a nearby yard had a pit bull that tore at his fence to get at me every time I went by. I even used the other side of the street.

He began to get out and corner me. I slowly walked backwards to get out of his territory. He began to expand his territory to my front yard. I was sure he was going to bite me. I had enough and decided to kill him the next time he came at me.

So, the next time I brought the ole long ice pick on a stick for a chest stab. (unfortunately, had to do that years before on another animal, while under attack).

I forgot exactly how it happened, but he was quiet and approached me. I let him sniff me. He remained cautious and calm. I turned my back to him and resumed walking. I looked back and he was following me. I talked nice to him and he wagged his tail. He was ugly as hell, but I swear he could smile.

As time went by he became my pal. He would meet me every day to jog with me. He became very protective. He would scout ahead and come back to check on me. Then run ahead again and come back again. He would walk me right to my door everyday.

I marveled at his fabulous architecture. He was rippling with muscles. His square head held huge jaw muscles. I deducted that his entire body was a life support system for a set of jaws. But he could smile ! And he liked me.

This went on for a couple of months. Then he disappeared. I missed him and feared that somebody took him away for acting vicious while loose.

Poor creature. A victim of his genes. Not ready for human society. A good and bad dog. Nobody trained him to over ride his instincts. The owners were gang types. I never spoke to them. Their garage emitted the 'skunky' smell of a meth lab.[/QUOTE]

yikes! even the most pissed of chihuahua won't actually jump up into our chair and go for our necks...and cause our demise. biting stats and death stats are two different things altogether. It is like saying Obama is responsible for the recession. just sound bites to distort actual reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Cripply View Post
    It is a shame because some pitbulls areadorable (have a different genetic mix than the ones bred for fights). But imagine being confrontred by this:
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Maybe he's looking at a Vick pic.
    Quote Originally Posted by sherocksandsherolls View Post
    yikes! even the most pissed of chihuahua won't actually jump up into our chair and go for our necks...and cause our demise. biting stats and death stats are two different things altogether. It is like saying Obama is responsible for the recession. just sound bites to distort actual reality.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    Maybe he's looking at a Vick pic.
    Yep....

Quote Originally Posted by Cripply View Post

[/QUOTE]

Please post the link and photos of the stun guns. Thanks.
    Tex
    C4,5,6 incomplete with 100% full feeling

I did not buy the guns, the other poster did...

Please post the link and photos of the stun guns. Thanks.[/QUOTE]