Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Real Chairs

Some are heavier , clunkier ,noiserer ,
    I started out in Very heavy Chromie oldies , Learned lots and modded quite my share out of personal necessity in the past .... I definitely like light simplistic designs less is more aspect..

Still I know a few nice Great people who are accustomed and like their old heavy anchors ...
    Some people have their preferences

My Chromie Barges of yesteryear .In the past The only way I can push my Barges was with the help of a TugBoat because my shoulders are shot lol BTW I also had Foghorns on my old Barges

For me lightweight and practicality is my choice .

Preference is a choice At least I think so
    Wait I forgot

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    Actually I hope to stay awake and enjoy it ;-)

If I do anything like I did when I got my Tilite TR, I'll be spending hours and hours adjusting it and trying things out. But patience I must have (Yoda voice). :-)
    I look forward to a very long dissertation on all you've done and what you've done to it! because I know your mild obsession with your TR LOL!

like this thread very much look forward to seeing more chairs

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Man, how do people get around in a barge like that?
    The young man receiving this one needs a lot of postural support. A higher priority forhim than light weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Holt View Post
    The young man receiving this one needs a lot of postural support. A higher priority forhim than light weight.
    Sorry, wasn't being mean. I just zip around a lot in my chair and was trying to imagine doing the 5 blocks from my pad to my work in SF in that chair and didn't see it happening. I know we all have different needs.

Quote Originally Posted by MillsWheels View Post
    I look forward to a very long dissertation on all you've done and what you've done to it! because I know your mild obsession with your TR LOL!

like this thread very much look forward to seeing more chairs
    Oh it will be a dissertation when I get some time in with my new Icon :-)

Actually I hope to make some videos for my youtube channel showing the diversity of the Icon. Should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Sorry, wasn't being mean. I just zip around a lot in my chair and was trying to imagine doing the 5 blocks from my pad to my work in SF in that chair and didn't see it happening. I know we all have different needs.
    I know what you mean. I learned a long time ago that everybody has different needs and tastes. I used to see lots of chairs that didn't make any sense to me but that's the point I made to myself - they didn't make sense to me.

I don't know what it's like for some one else. I feel pretty bad when someone judges me. A friend has the craziest COG I've ever seen or tried. His front end feels like he has a 50lb sack of concrete on the footrest. I don't know how he does anything in that chair. He also has knobby tires he keeps way under-inflated. The thing is, he's traveled the world and in some Third World places with his chair. It works for him. It would make me crazy but I don't have his disability, personality or ideas. A while ago I started thinking that if something works for some one that's all I need to know.

As for me, I want a really responsive very lightweight chair but, and maybe it's my age, I'm done with lot's of COG and tippiness. I'm at 1.25 now and it works pretty well for me. When I get the Icon I plan to experiment a lot with seat angle and height so that I can try more COG and still feel stable. Man the stuff I did when I was young. Almost went over backwards when I pushed hard at about 15mph. I had 3.5 COG then (different chair). That was one responsive chair though ;-)