Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: hospital bills

  1. #11
    Thank you everyone for the help, at least now I have some idea where to start.

  2. #12
    If Medicaid doesn't cover some or any of the cost make sure you keep up on the bills/mail. It's easy to forget or let things go when going through such a major life event. Do not let them go to collections and keep in contact with the offices you owe even if you are only making a $10 payment a month! Some bills may be written off too due to financial hardship. Keep in contact is most important and there are options. I really hope Medicaid in your state pulls through. Good luck.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Keep in mind that Medicaid is a state-run program, so it varies by the state. In my state (CA) Medicaid pays back to the date of injury as the secondary for anyone who quallifies, and SCI is an expedited condition. Financial counselors at the two hospitals should have explained this to you while you were there. If you didn't get to meet with them, then contact them now and discuss his situation and what accommodations might be made if this is not going to be covered by Medicaid.

    My injury was in 1970 and Medicaid kicked in with help of social work dept at rehab after I completely exhausted limits of my medical insurance. This was a great relief to me, however, about two years post rehab I was called one day by a collection agency and their rep claimed that the paperwork from rehab was never filed correctly and that therefore they had not been reimbursed and I owed what Medicaid was to cover. I did provide them with some correspondence from rehab days which my father had saved. Never heard from them again. Be sure to coordinate w rehab center re Medicaid, save all your paperwork from your rehab days for way longer than makes sense. Good luck!

  4. #14
    Senior Member flying's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Southern Oregon coast
    A lot of insurances have maximum out of pocket expenses. Make sure that this is not the case with yours.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

  5. #15
    If He's 22 then he is an adult and your best bet is bankruptcy for sure. You should not spend a dime for anything for him. I'm not saying abandon him as a loving parent, just do nothing for him that the state or federal government know about. Unless he is working, and it does not sound like he is. is he getting disability? If not sign him up for food stamps, ssa etc. You can help him all you want to of course, but if he's got nothing then he's not gothing to lose...

Similar Threads

  1. How do you pay your bills?
    By Cris in forum Life
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-25-2006, 05:00 PM
  2. Co-Sponsors CR Bills
    By bigbob in forum Cure
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-29-2005, 09:02 AM
  3. A hospital within a hospital /Northern Kentucky hospital
    By Max in forum Health & Science News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-26-2003, 01:22 PM
  4. Anyone know the laws regarding old Bills?
    By SlomoScott in forum Life
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-10-2002, 06:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts