Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 10th year anniversary of SCI - 3,650 consecutive days of pain

Sorry I missed your anniversary Jon. It's good to know that you, Dej, THC, Cass, Bill, Alan, DD, Lynnifer, and I'm sure I've missed a few regulars.....are always here when needed.

Living with CP isn't easy. It's a day to day struggle for most of us. Usually the nights being the worst. Hard on us....harder on families.....and I've yet to figure out how to have a life. We're all the same...but different. None of us have quite the same pain in all the same places, we just know it's evil.

I admire how you're able to get on with things Jon. Keep it up and take care of yourself. My anniversary isn't far behind yours, but I don't really want to think about it. Took me a few years just to realize I would'nt ever really get well. Everytime they did a new procedure, or changed meds, I was sure this was the one that cure me!

May the next ten years be easier than the last ten!

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    I am sorry for your pain. You can take some solace in the fact you help a lot of us deal with ours with your works and example. Here is to those moments that keep us going. Cheers.
    Sorry, missed this thread, T8 couldn't have said it better, Arndog, you've been a massive help to me and everyone else suffering with this seemingly incurable pain that no-one seems to understand. I hope for all of us that an effective treatment will be around the corner.

Thanks again to you and all the others who devote their time to helping others get through the hard times.
    T11 Asia A after near-fatal bike crash.. Just happy to still be here

No, I didn't loose my mind... It got scared and ran away!!

I know just how you feel...much of the challenge w/ a spinal cord injury is psychological...there's no doubt about it. Speaking of anniversaries. I'm not look forward to this June 4th... It will mark 17 years, 6,205 days, 148,920 hours, 8,935,200 seconds since my injury happened.

The part that's getting in my head is...I'm 34 now, so I've spent half of my life w/ a spinal cord injury. When I first got hurt I thought there would be a "cure" for this injury, that really felt like an unending, waking nightmare, by the time I reached my 30's...

As you all know a "cure" hasn't happened yet.

now it's my anniversary. approximately 9490 days for me