Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: yoga and dance

yoga and dance

I am looking for some instructional dvds for wheelchair yoga and dance. Preferably, the yoga would incorporate leg movements that could be manipulated manually, but I am not picky. Anyone know of any place I could buy these?

There are many good resources available - Google wheelchair yoga and wheelchair dance. Youtube also has helpful videos. You'll need to look around and see which ones apply to your particular needs, as - unlike in days past - there are now a number of specialized instructional approaches.
    Last edited by Bonnette; 02-21-2012 at 03:14 PM.

We are getting ready to start an adaptive yoga program at VIP NeuroRehabilitation Center starting in april. Really looking forward to it. What ASIA classification are you?

Sorry...but I found dancing from the seated wheelchair level to be so awkward...then again the friends were happy to have me out there with them.

Yeah, I think it would be, but I used to love it and my friends still do and it only makes me sad to watch them having all the fun. I thought if I could learn some killer moves, I could own it.

I live in Denver and attend an adaptive yoga class. The teachers learned from Matthew Sandford http://matthewsanford.com/content/teaching-yoga and they do an excellent job. I know Matthew has a video you can purchase from Amazon but it is very elementary. Maybe you could start there....
    I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and
    hunger.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivyella View Post
    I live in Denver and attend an adaptive yoga class. The teachers learned from Matthew Sandford http://matthewsanford.com/content/teaching-yoga and they do an excellent job.
    Ivyella, you are so fortunate to have teachers trained by Matt Sanford! This is a wonderful suggestion, gothgirlltr2.

Bonnette, I feel so fortunate to have found the adaptive yoga class and it truly is the highlight of my week. I absolute love it and it is challenging too.
    I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and
    hunger.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivyella View Post
    Bonnette, I feel so fortunate to have found the adaptive yoga class and it truly is the highlight of my week. I absolute love it and it is challenging too.
    If I'm ever in Denver for longer than a day or two, I might see you in one of those classes! My local teacher knows a lot of useful adaptations and she's been a big help to me, but Matt Sanford really gets it from experience.