Thread: Which organizations and how to donate

Which organizations and how to donate

I've been reading this forum for some time now and there are lots of different opinions on organizations and their strategies and which directions to follow.

Although I'm not as optimistic as some about finding a cure "soon" I'm also not as pessimistic as some because I know there are some really interesting things going on.

So I'm probably looking for something that isn't easy to point out. I'm always up for helping out in a way I can in my spare time or donating some money to an organization that has proven to be really effective and is doing the right thing with the money. So what I'm wondering about is, which organization spends their money the most effective in spinal cord injury research for finding a cure?

Is it Wings for Life? Justadollarplease? and the list goes on and on...

Also I've noticed that there are barriers for donating (or I'm missing something). Wings for Life only makes it possible to donate by creditcard in my country. Is it possible to donate to Justadollarplease outside of the USA with Paypal for example? If I missed options pardon me for not looking good enough

Quote Originally Posted by MrDutch View Post
    So what I'm wondering about is, which organization spends their money the most effective in spinal cord injury research for finding a cure?
    You can make contact at http://unite2fightparalysis.org/ and click the contact button in the top right hand corner. They will be able to help you with finding the most effective sci research labs that are in need of immediate funding and could help you with your transaction questions.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 02-16-2012 at 01:17 PM.

MrDutch, it's a personal thing. Using an "objective" analytical approach only leads to frustration. In truth, I doubt very much that there is one discipline that will solve SCI. The most credible organisations can be judged from reading the threads on the forum.
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Last edited by paolocipolla; 02-19-2012 at 07:05 AM.
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming