Thread: 3 spoke wheelchair wheels

3 spoke wheelchair wheels

I'm interested in feedback on using rims like this as opposed to traditional spoke style. Nobody I have talked to has really used them before, so no idea how they perform? but I like the way they look & they definitely are easy to keep clean, they are actually dirty in this picture and it wipes right off in 2 seconds.

I have heard of similar looking ones cracking...just by jumping off a simple curb.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Tried this before, heavy like anything.
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

A guy had a set of those in rehab when I was at shepherd 5 years ago. They look pretty good, but I don't know how they'd perform in the real world.

I have X-cores and I like em but they are heavier than my spinergys. I haven't had problems with my x-cores. are those fiber glass or plastic?

James, those 3 spoke look like they are the old Korima three spoke, they should be pretty heavy. I have had several pairs of x-core wheels. I have only had one problem. The wheels used to squeak after time, and all you have to do is loosen the hub nut and retighten and use locktite, and that will eliminate the problem. I have heard that sometimes people have had them break while going down the cub, but in most of those instances it was when someone was tetering the weight capacity of the x-cores . I currently sell the x-cores , The wheel assembly is complete with handrim and your choice of tire. at the lowest price in the us right now. If interested, send me a instant message. oh the one cool thing is you can actually have these painted, they look pretty sharp!!!

^Thanks for the info. I'll google those wheels and see if it's the same, though I suspect maybe not?

Quote Originally Posted by randomryan007 View Post
    I have X-cores and I like em but they are heavier than my spinergys. I haven't had problems with my x-cores. are those fiber glass or plastic?
    ^ neither, they are a magnesium/aluminum construction,

I just threw a 24" on a scale, shows up @ 2lbs for rim, 2.75lbs with handrim. So they are pretty light.
    Last edited by JamesFr; 02-16-2012 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesFr View Post
    ^Thanks for the info. I'll google those wheels and see if it's the same, though I suspect maybe not?

Here is a thread of them

^ very cool, thank you!!