Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: reading light

reading light

Or book light. Any of you guys use one to read. I don't have a e-reader or ipad this is for when I'm reading a book. I have alot of reading to do this semester and dim lighting in my room is not helping. If you use one, where did you buy it and how much?

Just me but I'd be afraid of burning myself or the house down if I fell asleep.

Buy some rocker type LED lights and velcro them to your space.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    Or book light. Any of you guys use one to read. I don't have a e-reader or ipad this is for when I'm reading a book. I have alot of reading to do this semester and dim lighting in my room is not helping. If you use one, where did you buy it and how much?
    I have one like this: http://www.amazon.com/Mighty-Bright-...9343868&sr=8-4 but it has two leds not one.

I was actually cleaning out my drawer and recently found it. I never use it since I got my ipad. I will send it to you for free if you want, or if you don't anyone else that wants it can have it. I will never us it again.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    I have one like this: http://www.amazon.com/Mighty-Bright-...9343868&sr=8-4 but it has two leds not one.

I was actually cleaning out my drawer and recently found it. I never use it since I got my ipad. I will send it to you for free if you want, or if you don't anyone else that wants it can have it. I will never us it again.
    Thanks - I'll send you my info.

I use a cheap book light with a clip attached to it. It came from Books A Million and was roughly $12. (Think Itty Bitty Book light knock off.) I attach the clip to the front of whatever top I'm wearing (using my mouth to hold the fabric while I paw the clip into place) and then, bend the flexible neck so it's in the best position to see. It's an LED so no chance of burning myself.

It also comes in handy when there are power outages due to storms. I don't have to deal with trying to balance a flashlight on my lap while rolling point a to b or while trying to transfer into bed.

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post

You really should get an ereader, just download your books. Kindle is great, I hear the kindle fire is really nice. Much less expensive than the ipad if you, like myself are of the 99%. (not to be political, just sayin)

My 4yr old got a spiderman headlight from somewhere? I have confiscated it. I love it, soft headband, low, but plenty bright light. Light goes where your head goes. Besides, Spidey is the man.

Quote Originally Posted by xtravla View Post
    You really should get an ereader, just download your books. Kindle is great, I hear the kindle fire is really nice. Much less expensive than the ipad if you, like myself are of the 99%. (not to be political, just sayin)
    I joked with Todd that if anything happens to him, I get his ipad. So yeah, I want an e-reader/ipad, but since these are text books for school, they aren't downloadable (yet.) I have an idea what I'm looking for I had no idea they would be so inexpensive which works for me.

Are you reading in bed or ?? I have bought my wife several the biggest issue has been the batteries many of the small clip on lights take special batteries $$vso shop for one that takes AA batteries since they are cheapest, another option is an led that clips onto the headboard and plugs into the wall socket nice when you are home but does not travel very good...

Quote Originally Posted by fromnwmont View Post
    Are you reading in bed or ?? I have bought my wife several the biggest issue has been the batteries many of the small clip on lights take special batteries $$vso shop for one that takes AA batteries since they are cheapest, another option is an led that clips onto the headboard and plugs into the wall socket nice when you are home but does not travel very good...
    I read sitting in my chair. The ones I seen online, already have a battery (I think), but I'll keep that in mind - thanks.