Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: my new wheels! with pics.. new wrapped pics

what was your seat depth? Looks like your legs are too long? but then again a lot of people do that on purpose (like me) so we have better turning space and take up smaller footprint..i have a 15 depth made to 16 with a strap and I should be a 18 according to my dme guy..but geez--how would I ever get my chair in tight spaces?

I think I will get a 17 inch seat depth on next chair for home and local as I do need more support under legs..then for travel..take the 15.

Yesterday some woman told me at whole foods that I looked like I was temporarily in my chair as it was not "blinged out", like she has seen most people in...mine is titanium..and light..with spinergy wheels..oh well. She kept saying ..wow you look great..(for someone permanetly in a wc) like she really was surprised that I have been in it so long.

Maybe I will get colored spokes like yours next one )
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Quote Originally Posted by Wills77 View Post
    after every bodies help on here 2 weeks ago. My new round betty dinos with schwalbe marathon plus tires came today. Handling them side by side with my spinergy wire wheels I can definitely tell a weight difference. So far I've only wheeled around the house but love them already. Tomorrow I need my brother to wrap the hand rims with surgical tubing so I can grip them. The pictures dont do it justice. In person the anodized red spokes just shine!! I also recently removed my anti tippers. My next mod will be frog leg unitines with red aluminum hub soft rolls.
    Congrats on the wheels! They look familiar

What tires do you have on your Spinergy wire wheels? The Marathon Plus tires are pretty heavy, but they'll last you forever. My preference shifted from the Marathons to the Schwalbe RightRuns because they're considerably lighter and have less rolling resistance. But everything's a trade off.

Quote Originally Posted by sherocksandsherolls View Post
    what was your seat depth? Looks like your legs are too long? but then again a lot of people do that on purpose (like me) so we have better turning space and take up smaller footprint..i have a 15 depth made to 16 with a strap and I should be a 18 according to my dme guy..but geez--how would I ever get my chair in tight spaces?

I think I will get a 17 inch seat depth on next chair for home and local as I do need more support under legs..then for travel..take the 15.

Yesterday some woman told me at whole foods that I looked like I was temporarily in my chair as it was not "blinged out", like she has seen most people in...mine is titanium..and light..with spinergy wheels..oh well. She kept saying ..wow you look great..(for someone permanetly in a wc) like she really was surprised that I have been in it so long.

Maybe I will get colored spokes like yours next one )
    No! Roll like T8, all black trim and satin titanium. All the cool kids do it

thanks everybody. My first time out in them was going to therapy today and i love them. also got compliments on them from 2 therapists.

Wtf - I should have them wrapped in a day or 2. ill be sure to post pics.

sherocksandsherolls - my seat is 15x19 haha. my legs are really long. I wish i was able to run a shorter/smaller chair.

stephan212 - your chair is the reason i went with this color setup and it wasnt expecting it to be so much better in person than in pictures. I had the basic grey orion tires. I thought about right runs for the reasons you listed but i go in the grass pretty often during the summer and figured i need some tread.
    Last edited by Wills77; 02-15-2012 at 03:03 PM.
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

very nice I am saving my money for a set! very kool! congrats! I use speed runs on grass lol. I really shouldn't but. I do. Any way they look very awsome! Congrats again!

Very cool.
    Ugh, I've been kissed by a dog!
    Get some hot water, get some iodine ...
    -- Lucy VanPelt

congrats Wills! they look great

love the colors, looks very sharp, that chair is appropriate for any occasion, either white house or steak house

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    ahh yes, the pride of riding sans tippers. I remember the day vividly. That's the beauty of a ZRa - you can dial in your COG and never look back. Consider this a quad rite of passage.

..and I find it real strange that 3 sets of locally-owned Dino's creak horribly yet no one on here has a problem with them...? Must be the updated spokes.
    My Round Betty Enzo wheels creaked liked crazy. They popped, pinged, cracked. It seems lots of people like RB's. After my experience I'm staying with Spinergy, they've been great for me.

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    My Round Betty Enzo wheels creaked liked crazy. They popped, pinged, cracked. It seems lots of people like RB's. After my experience I'm staying with Spinergy, they've been great for me.
    Grommet, contact RB, they may send you a new updated set.