Thread: Service Spider on a plane?!?!?!?

Service Spider on a plane?!?!?!?

I was just reading the section of service animals allowed in Jet Blue airlines, and ran into this part:

Certain unusual service animals (i.e. snakes, other reptiles, ferrets, rodents and spiders) pose unavoidable safety and/or public health concerns and will not be allowed on JetBlue flights. The release of such an animal in the aircraft could result in a direct threat to the health or safety of customers and crewmembers.
    Guess I better stick to a service dog, huh?

http://www.jetblue.com/travel/special-needs/
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

People using unusual animals as service animals was addressed in the ADA reformation act of 2008. The law change went into effect on March 15th 2011, and service animal is now defined as “Service animal means any dog that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability, including a physical, sensory, psychiatric, intellectual, or other mental disability. Other species of animals, whether wild or domestic, trained or untrained, are not service animals for the purposes of this definition. The work or tasks performed by a service animal must be directly related to the handler´s disability. Examples of work or tasks include, but are not limited to, assisting individuals who are blind or have low vision with navigation and other tasks, alerting individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing to the presence of people or sounds, providing non-violent protection or rescue work, pulling a wheelchair, assisting an individual during a seizure, alerting individuals to the presence of allergens, retrieving items such as medicine or the telephone, providing physical support and assistance with balance and stability to individuals with mobility disabilities, and helping persons with psychiatric and neurological disabilities by preventing or interrupting impulsive or destructive behaviors. The crime deterrent effects of an animal´s presence and the provision of emotional support, well-being, comfort, or companionship do not constitute work or tasks for the purposes of this definition.”

Lin
    Board member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

My daddy long legs ties my shoes. He does not pose a danger to anyone. If I have to fly, I will use SouthWest.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

I think this had something to do with those monkeys ripping those people faces off too. Although they weren't service monkeys, people were increasingly bringing monkies on planes and it was a risk. I remember reading something about it. I think

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/monkey-...1#.TzsdBsVSSu9

This may have been the article or similar
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown