Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go Microcyn!!! No UTI after 18 months.

Go Microcyn!!! No UTI after 18 months.

I just got back from my urologists visit. The first thing he asked was if I still used Microcyn. He said is going to investigate it further. He thinks I may have stumbled onto something good. I had no uti's and no cultures! I used the Microcyn/Vetericyn on Saturday, Sunday, Monday and this morning. I love this stuff!
    Millard
    ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne

Hi Millard,
    Congratulations on being UTI free and having a urologist who is willing to think outside the box. I have been UTI free for 20 months, not to mention that my bladder is not colonized with bacteria and the urine is clear, light and odorless.

I had cataract surgery a week ago, and with everything that was going on that day, my evening instillation of Vetericyn was overlooked. I have been thinking about going to an every other night schedule and am glad to hear you've had good luck with that. How much do you instill? How long do you retain it? How do you manage your bladder, i.e., intermittent cath or supra pubic?

All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Hi Millard,
    Congratulations on being UTI free and having a urologist who is willing to think outside the box. I have been UTI free for 20 months, not to mention that my bladder is not colonized with bacteria and the urine is clear, light and odorless.

I had cataract surgery a week ago, and with everything that was going on that day, my evening instillation of Vetericyn was overlooked. I have been thinking about going to an every other night schedule and am glad to hear you've had good luck with that. How much do you instill? How long do you retain it? How do you manage your bladder, i.e., intermittent cath or supra pubic?

All the best,
    GJ
    Hello GJ,

I instill 20 ml three times a week. I intermittent cath and after instilling the Vetericyn VF, I leave it in until the next time I cath. I have never had any negative side affects from this type use. I tried 2 times per week but my urine became cloudy and started getting an odor.

I hope this helps.
    Millard
    ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne

Truly outstanding. Have we turned a corner in Spinal Cord Injury management?
    And the truth shall set you free.

old thread. is Millard still with us??
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    old thread. is Millard still with us??
    A couple of years ago, I heard that Millard was not well. I've not had any updates since then and haven't seen him posting here or on other spinal cord injury forums on which he participated.

All the best,
    GJ
    Last edited by gjnl; 10-19-2016 at 01:58 PM.

Need to get the FDA to approve for human use.
    CWO

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Need to get the FDA to approve for human use.
    CWO
    Oculus Innovative Sciences' Microcyn, HydroCleanse and Microcyn Dermatology lines of products are FDA approved for human use as a medical device for wound and burn care. Our use as a bladder instillation is of course off label. Oculus Innovative Science is aware of our off label use and has scientist working on the process. I believe the trouble will be with defining an effective dose for instillation and retention time and how many times per day or week to use them. Probably none of us who uses these products uses them exactly the same, and have experimented to find what seems to work best for us.

All the best,
    GJ

I agree GJ, to bad everyone using the products doesn't share there protocol.
    I just started hydrocleanse, 60ml nightly leaving in for few minutes then drain. will start leaving 30ml in until next void. I spray area with microcyn pre cath.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer