Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Modified push brake setup

Quote Originally Posted by radio_buddha View Post
    Update: Just spoke to Top End.

They have 3/4 to 3/4 clamps. $15.00 each. I ordered two. Will probably get them on Monday as Tampa is only 2 hours away.

So it looks like the drawing in post number eight will become reality sometime next week.
    So will this serve as a hold-me-over until you receive the Surelocks, or are you going to cancel that order (if you can)?

As pretty as my pictures are, it remains to be seen if it will actually solve the problem. I have good reason to believe that the new setup will not interfere with going up a single step.

That's the litmus test. If I can do a proper power stroke without smashing my hands, I win.

Do I cancel?

I have zero reasons to believe that anything had been done beyond him thinking about it. I hear nothing unless I send a request for an update. My first request at week five was met with weirdness ("You are number in the queue.") and that I need to understand that new orders take 6 to 8 weeks.

It will be ridiculously difficult to feel sympathy if I score 100% with these clamps.

In a perfect world…

Maybe do both.

I was thinking that because of the non trivial matter of a hub locks engaging at speed, the lower rail would be a good place for the actuator (see! Using Jack's terminology.)
    Last edited by radio_buddha; 02-16-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Here's how I think it's going to go down…

The orange rail represents my wheelchair.
    The black clamp represents a 1 inch to ¾ inch clamp which I currently have.
    The dark gray rail represents a ¾ inch brake rail which I currently have.

The gray clamp represents a ¾ inch to ¾ inch clamp purchased from Top End today. I should have probably rotated it 90°.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

There you go…

It was a triumph. I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS. My brakes are now out of range of my push yet still in my range to work with them without folding over my body like a pretzel.

Thanks to everyone who commented here. I was able to refine my idea because of you guys.

Special thanks goes to Katja, Top End and my friend Marc Cappellini who put it all together.
    Last edited by radio_buddha; 02-25-2012 at 11:28 AM.

A clear shot of the results…

Ah, i've told u about the 'play' in the adi disc brake.u just cant solve the issue.its not manufacturing defects or anything.it's just means tu be that way.ADI really should solve that issue.although i cope with the situation, its better to have one sturdy chair when braking.especially when going up and down escalators.
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

Quote Originally Posted by nia adha View Post
    Ah, i've told u about the 'play' in the adi disc brake.u just cant solve the issue.its not manufacturing defects or anything.it's just means tu be that way.ADI really should solve that issue.although i cope with the situation, its better to have one sturdy chair when braking.especially when going up and down escalators.
    Hydraulics could probably do it according to motorcycle enthusiasts I know.

It's a disgrace.

How're you doing these days? Is your current chair treating you well?

Erm, my chair is serving me well. i'm thinking of getting my chair a little lower becaused i changed from stimulite classic to quadtro mid profile.it's even more front-tippy when i switch cushion. i think my stimulite contributes to my pressure ulcer.

i just undergo flap surgery for pressure ulcer, and girdlestone procedure on my right hip. it's okay for now. 1st time getting pressure ulcer in 9 years, it really sucks.it took more than a year to recover, with a surgery. osteomyelitis makes it worse.

i just hope things doesnt get even complicated from here.
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

Quote Originally Posted by radio_buddha View Post
    It was a triumph. I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS. My brakes are now out of range of my push yet still in my range to work with them without folding over my body like a pretzel.

Thanks to everyone who commented here. I was able to refine my idea because of you guys.

Special thanks goes to Katja, Top End and my friend Marc Cappellini who put it all together.

I don`t understand why you did that with your brakes, maybe a have lost with the translation, looks like they now are more outside and would be worse for you when pushing wheels and your hands could hit them.
    Well i`m not sure, because i don`t understand the thread well, could you explain me in simple words why you did it?

For box frames this is a good solution for never hit your brakes with your hands