Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help in buying a new Active chair - C5 Quad

Yes, D's or SureLocks. I love mine.

footrest length: 18-2+0.5 = 16.5 calc'd. I'd order 15.5, and plan to lengthen it a little. (I know nothing about Roho's. I'm wild guessing at 2" compressed thickness. Maybe I'd order 15" if I thought Rohos wouldn't compress much.)

Standard antitips can be removed. But user friendlies are much quicker.

(My locking back cost extra.)

Request a CAD signoff in the ordering notes for sportaid or bike-on. Include a note that you will not accept delivery of the chair if you have not signed off on the CAD drawing (and mean it). Then email TiLite to let them know you requested it. TiLite will email a drawing to the purchaser, who will then email it to you for approval.
    Last edited by chasmengr; 02-14-2012 at 03:23 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Oh, one more thing. I like a narrower footrest (but I have some leg function). Are you sure about your preferred footrest width?
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Blog Entries
    TiLite vs Crossfie T6, pay the extra for a TiLite. I just got a Crossfire through the VA, and the difference in fabrication is amazing - sloppy welds, poorly applied decals, and not as user friendly. It's a decent chair, but I'm spoiled after 2 TiLites. Also, watch Ebay for TiLite chairs that fit your measurements. TiLite sells their demos and returns for very good prices, and I found exactly what I needed for $900 in titanium about 18 months ago.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

What up bud.?. I would take the roho into consideration, foot drop feels horrible. Subtract a good four inches from your seat to footrest setting, I skipped on it twice and it is difficult to find a decent way to elevate the footplate... Good luck.

@Donno: I regularly check ebay for any Ti with my specs, and right now the closest is a 16x17" Aero Z http://www.ebay.com/itm/TiLite-16X17...ht_2342wt_1270
    It's smaller than what I need.

@Chas: I'll surely request a CAD now, Thanks!

Regarding Seat-to-footrest and Front seat to floor:

I just looked closely at Wills77 thread and these are his specs:
    19.5" FRONT SEAT HEIGHT
    17" SEAT TO FOOTREST
    11" FOOTREST WIDTH
    According to this pic: http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=chair2-1.jpg Wiils is sitting on a 4" cushion with shoes (0.7") and he's 5'11". Looking at the picture, 17" STF is suiting him well. Also a 19" seat depth looks good.
    @Wills77: what is your Hips-to-Knee & Knee-to-heel length? Mine's 21" and 18". Also, are those solid or pneumatic tires?

According to Chas, I should order 15.5" STF and plan to lengthen. How much margin is there for the footrest to move up and down?
    It occurs to me, 18" (knee-heel) + 1"(shoe) - 2"(cushion compressed) = 17" , so I should go for 16" which can later be lowered to 17-18".

What are the advantages/disadvantages of narrow/wide footrest?

Reading reviews about T6/T7A frame style and user-experience, I'm 90% sure that they're out of the question. But their chair weight and options are real luring. I added all needed options and the chair summed up to ~26lbs.

How are the Ti Shadow wheels? can anyone share how they look.

Regarding rear wheel size:What height should the rear wheels reach upto? Currently my 24" wheels are 2" above the cushion. Is this correct or should it be more, in which case I'll go for 25/26" wheels
    Last edited by chairDroid; 02-15-2012 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chairDroid View Post
    How much margin is there for the footrest to move up and down?

How are the Ti Shadow wheels? can anyone share how they look.

Regarding rear wheel size:What height should the rear wheels reach upto? Currently my 24" wheels are 2" above the cushion. Is this correct or should it be more, in which case I'll go for 25/26" wheels
    I'll check my footrest adjustment range later today if no one else responds. (You might also add to your CAD request that the footrest adjustment range be included. TiLite doesn't include that measurement unless you ask (in writing).)

Shadow wheels home page.

Typically RSH is set so your fingertips hang at the wheel-axles' centers when you're sitting upright. Everyones' arms and torso lengths differ, so height of wheel above cushion is irrelevant. RSH is set appropriately for what ever wheel diameter you decide to use.
    Last edited by chasmengr; 02-15-2012 at 01:14 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Wheels look good, better than silver spokes.

thanks chas! you have helped a lot.

I mailed bike-on for a quote yesterday with all addons, no reply yet. I'm getting impatient now.

my hips to knee- 19in - not very sure about this one... its a tough measurement to get acurate
    knee to heel- 18in
    pneumatic tires.

for the first few months i had my footrest flipped forward so it was sticking out because my legs wouldnt bend tight enough to stay on it normally. Now my legs are loose enough that it works in the normal position.

in my "my new wheels with pics" thread theres 2 more pictures of me sitting in my chair
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    are surge handrims recommended for quads? Natural fits aren't, is the grip strip on surges enough?
    For reference sake, the website says the surge handrims are recommended for those with good hand function, as the design is for a grip that wraps around the handrim.

Not being a quad but from what I've learned here and elsewhere, the foam or something like pushblax are a much better option for quads. Or, from the makers of natural fit and surge, the Q-Grip http://www.out-front.com/qgrip_overview.php
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by chairDroid View Post
    What are the advantages/disadvantages of narrow/wide footrest?
    I have a narrow footrest (11 inches), the advantage is it keeps your legs from splaying as well as your feet together. People say you shouldn't sit "on" your chair you should sit "in" your chair. The narrow footrest helps with that (at least me).