Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 77

Thread: Is any real hope in near future?

  1. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,993
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    Buck, in the case of open information, do you actually own invivo stock? And if so, tell why you do or do not... Just wondering. Grammy has alluded to it correctly or incorrectly a few times... Set the record straight
    I find it hard to believe anyone actually thinks Buck is a inside trader trying to manipulate the value of a biotech stock here on CareCure.

  2. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TiRods View Post
    Wow, that was sad. It is a reminder of why we need to push harder for a cure.
    I feel the same way.

    Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by nrf View Post
    I find it hard to believe anyone actually thinks Buck is a inside trader trying to manipulate the value of a biotech stock here on CareCure.
    Actually it was observed comments made in a previous thread...it makes absolutely no difference at all. People support a cure for sci in any way that they wish and in many different ways. The fact remains that we don't have a therapy for chronic sci and we need to support the efforts for finding a cure. People across the board invest in all kinds of biotech's in the hopes that they can bring something to the market for us. Acorda was unable to bring Ampyra (4ap) to the market for a sci indication so people cannot get universal insurance coverage for that pharmacutical. The indication only ended up being for MS and a great disappointment for those wanting a sustained release formula. Geron tried to do an acute trial for sci and ran out of money, but people bought that stock with the idea they would be successful and eventually get around to the chronic population, but they did not... people purchase lots of those stocks in many many other biotechs. The point was that we are not on a "very near future" therapy with anything from InVivo or other biotechs that we're aware of, nor will every sci be helped by a single product.

    People donate lots of money into clinical trials and research as well.

    I'll be as grateful as anybody if the biotechs can at least give us something for some people that will actually work and we'll take it whenever we can get it, no matter how many years it takes to get to the clinic!! Nothing wrong with that! We know the miracle cure isn't going to fall out of the sky in the next few days. Lots of hard work, money and time is needed to get us where we need to be.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 02-16-2012 at 02:51 AM.

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    Buck, in the case of open information, do you actually own invivo stock? And if so, tell why you do or do not... Just wondering. Grammy has alluded to it correctly or incorrectly a few times... Set the record straight
    No, he doesn't! There are some of us who're actually really close to Majed and know he's not in bed with any corporation. He's not in bed with anyone, but I digress.

    Some of you are treating this shit like a religion if you buy into one person or one standard that will cure us.

    I don't delve into this topic as much as Majed does, but as he's explained to me, a for-profit therapy will likely be an excellent way to be cured. How that means he has stock in any one of these is beyond me when he is speaking generally and using that one specific team as a prime example. The pursuit of money and a business model are very practical, especially if all done in a legitimate fashion.

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    No, he doesn't! There are some of us who're actually really close to Majed and know he's not in bed with any corporation. He's not in bed with anyone, but I digress.

    Some of you are treating this shit like a religion if you buy into one person or one standard that will cure us.

    I don't delve into this topic as much as Majed does, but as he's explained to me, a for-profit therapy will likely be an excellent way to be cured. How that means he has stock in any one of these is beyond me when he is speaking generally and using that one specific team as a prime example. The pursuit of money and a business model are very practical, especially if all done in a legitimate fashion.
    You are exactly right. There won't be one discovery from one place that will help all sci. In fact, it's the biotechs with the deeper pockets right now, and academia is providing some fantatic research right now for all of them.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 02-16-2012 at 12:31 AM.

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    He's not in bed with anyone, but I digress. .
    It would break your sister's heart.

    I don't own a dime of Invivo stock. I can't believe how stupid
    some people are on this forum. People so desperate for a
    treatment shouldn't give a shit where it comes from. This forum
    gets more pathetic by the day.

    Fortunately, I didn't waste my time, since a few people did
    understand my point.

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by nrf View Post
    I find it hard to believe anyone actually thinks Buck is a inside trader trying to manipulate the value of a biotech stock here on CareCure.
    LOL. Yeah, people think a little bit too much of this forum.
    As if cc would send Invivo's stock soaring.

  8. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    1,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    Still no one can understand our feelings. Very shame for selfish world and very very sad story this is.

  9. #59
    The father and step mother seem rather reprehensible if this article is true
    Last edited by Christopher Paddon; 02-16-2012 at 06:39 AM.

  10. #60
    Senior Member lunasicc42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lutz, Fl USA*********C456
    Posts
    2,329
    I hope none of that nasty talk was directed at me. I never said that I thought Buck owned invivo stock. I just pointed out that it has been alluded to a few times, and, if it's not true. To set the record straight
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

    "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-26-2010, 11:54 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-24-2006, 08:44 PM
  3. Op gives Crake hope for future
    By Max in forum Spinal Cord Injury News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-28-2006, 08:35 PM
  4. SCI man looks to Hope for the future
    By Cherry in forum Spinal Cord Injury News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 12:57 PM
  5. The Real Stem Cell Hope
    By Leif in forum Cure
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2006, 10:33 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •