Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Is any real hope in near future?

I have been hearing about cure since first being injured in 1986. After 26 years of research, in all honesty, I dont think there will be a cure in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by para33 View Post
    I have been hearing about cure since first being injured in 1986. After 26 years of research, in all honesty, I dont think there will be a cure in my lifetime.
    sure there will

Hi Christopher,

What makes you so sure? Could really use some informed optimism.

Few years at rats then few at large animals. Then planning for trials. Then so much time for funding and then years in trials. It is really good thing to wait and wait.

I hear the word wait, wait, wait, but we all know that just waiting won't get us any closer because time is not the only problem we have, and time is an enemy in our case.
    It's amazing but I always find that those who are the most positive about a cure are the ones who are the most active in trying to win a cure.
    The best way to stay positive is to get involved in making a cure happen. If we just WAIT, we'll be waiting a long time.
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

Is it not responsibility of big organizations like Rick Hansen and Christopher Reeve and few others to come forward as foster the developments and bring them to trials soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Paddon View Post
    sure there will
    Since there are no current trials now that are restoring function completely, how long do you think it will be till there is such a trail, then how long from a successful trial till a treatment is widely available and approved by the FDA?

When I was injured in 1995 at the age of 17 (at c4/5) I remember thinking or hoping that there would be a cure for spinal cord injuries by the time I was in my 30's. Well I'm 33 now and there's still no "cure" or therapy. It's pretty frustrating though I know quite a few researchers are trying... I'm worried sometimes that researches have found finding a solution to chronic injuries to be a problem and may think new acute injuries are easier to solve. Hopefully this doesn't cause most research dollars to flow to fixing new injuries.

At times the lack of real, significant progress is dispiriting...though the only real solution is to keep living life (or trying to) and rolling on.

Kyle

kyle and t8, things are happening now. Trials for spinal injuries are happening RIGHT NOW. Slow yes but happening now. You guys and some of the rest of us are following these trials and want something to happen. That's why I post things in other areas of stem cells. It is happening. Hopefully, some of us will be able to participate in trials this year or next. silver and Acorda might be able to give hope to those who have breathing disabilites. Those of us who have those are first on the agenda. silver, thinks he has a treatmetn for those. We must push as a group for therapies to start from those guys. We must get result sform Wise and Stem Cell Inc. Hang in there guys.

Anthony

Anthony Silver has hope for bladder bowel function as well along with breathing. Chase is something which is being waited anxiousely now.