Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Is any real hope in near future?

Negative

Quote Originally Posted by NoDecafPlz View Post
    You live for today and position yourself for tomorrow. Each day that you plan your life for after "the cure," is another day wasted. Stay fit, stay healthy, stay busy.
    Great advice. Don't wish your life away.

Well hoping is always great thing and much progress has been achieved also in recent two years but still much delay in starting trials on humans. Lot of problems now in US regarding funding and FDA. How things can happen soon?

Wise's trial is not for all kind of injuries. Also still no news from him. Brazil trial is in phase one and hopefully some news will be coming in April. Switzerland trial will take years in phase one. Only hope which can come faster is meeting of Jerry and Acorda along with few other doctors and researchers in April. Let us see what they bring for us and how soon go for trials.

If they can not come soon then again wait and wait for few more years which will be very disappointing for chronic injury patients.

Jawaid, I understand your loigic. However, I expect Wise to divulge yea or nea on his therapy. We deserve that. I understand the protocol on phase 1 trials for safety. I wan tto know about eficacy. Stem Cell Inc should do the same. do we know anybody aprticiapting in eihter trial? If we do, let's badger them to tell us what they got. Acorda and Case Western, who knows. I'm hoping that if they diecide on a trial, that it will be something like an orphan drug or something that will alow for more expedient human trials and results sooner. I look at the diabeits results on humans as well as heart attack therpies. Both have shown, in early stagew, real results. Jawaid, don't be afraid to let your feelings known. We are marching on.

Anthony

If near future is in the next 20 years, no doubt. If near future is 5 years, no. We are in the first steps of clinic development, and with financial issues around the world things are moving in slow-motion.
    -Ramps in buildings are necessary, but it would be usefull to have another ones for people (mind/heart).....

-Hoc non pereo habebo fortior me

Isildur, I understand your skepticsm. Let's ask those who have recieved treatment in the current trials. they have recieved therapies now. wise Young has on many occassions said that 2-3 years for an effective therapy. although these are questinalbe, I , in no means am going to prevent hope. all I know that stem therapies are working in human trials now. Trials for spinal cord innjuries are occurring now. Let's see what happens.

anthony

Keeping on how do u see as chase? What u hoping for Acorda and Jerry and some others too that within how much time they will be starting trial on humans?

Neuralstem will take some years but Wise's trial and Brazil trial may come soon if prove to be effective i guess.

I am much more looking for chase trial because it is effective for chronic injuries as well.

Jawaid, don't know much more about Chase and Acorda till after meeting. Dr silver said there is a strong push from all parties to start something. We will know more after April 7th meeting. the international spinal research trust seem sto be a player in the arean. go to their website and read. Stem Cell INc is currently going under slincial trials. Phase 1 is currently uinder way. huma trials have started for phase 1 . they opened up their trials for asia b's and c'c as well as American and Canadians. I've asked that they give some indication fo effectiveness of therapy. It is however conducting human trials as is Wise's trials. We must push for reslts and follow these trials.

Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by keeping on View Post
    Isildur, I understand your skepticsm. Let's ask those who have recieved treatment in the current trials. they have recieved therapies now. wise Young has on many occassions said that 2-3 years for an effective therapy. although these are questinalbe, I , in no means am going to prevent hope. all I know that stem therapies are working in human trials now. Trials for spinal cord innjuries are occurring now. Let's see what happens.

anthony
    Im not skeptical, I believe in a cure 100%. But even in the best case scenario I donĀ“t see the actual trials as the cure all of us are hoping. They are a first step, a important and needed one, but nothing big in terms of recovery potencial for people like me, with high injuries.
    Is only my opinion, if they prove me wrong, it will be good for all of us
    -Ramps in buildings are necessary, but it would be usefull to have another ones for people (mind/heart).....

-Hoc non pereo habebo fortior me

just think about it...you have nothing better to do but keep trying to get better. Focus your mind on it happening, really it works.
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. -- John Lennon