Thread: Handcycle off-road

Handcycle off-road

Just threw this together......its me taking my (very) road-going Freedom Ryder up some steep hills off-road.

I am looking at buying an Intrepid Tourer handcycle and fitting it with some off-road tires. I've heard the frame is pretty solid and it has great ground clearance, good gearing and is NOT lean-to-steer, so I reckon it will be an un-beatable combination off-road.

Anyone got any experience of off-road bikes, or of the Intrepid in particular???

I reckon this could be pretty mean with off-road tires and a PowerPod attached:

Kinda like this:

That Looks awesome!
    I have a Lasher Sport ATH off road hand cycle. Its pretty great, lightweight and fairly stable. Turning radius tends to be almost too large sometimes for tight trails. Overall pretty great. Bill Lasher Jr is also real easy to work with. Highly recommend it.

Just curious as to if and when the off road power pod would be available. This would make hand cycling so much more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by K-dog View Post
    That Looks awesome!
    I have a Lasher Sport ATH off road hand cycle. Its pretty great, lightweight and fairly stable. Turning radius tends to be almost too large sometimes for tight trails. Overall pretty great. Bill Lasher Jr is also real easy to work with. Highly recommend it.

Just curious as to if and when the off road power pod would be available. This would make hand cycling so much more fun.
    Yes, I've read alot about the Lasher....seems like a stunning bike. The options sheet on it is pretty comprehensive. I'll definitely look into that as a solution.....I'm quite envious....

As for the Power Pod, it is for sale and has sold a (modest) number,with orders being filled....