Thread: Skyrim announcement tomorrow

Skyrim announcement tomorrow

Speculation has it that the announcement will be for a "God mod" or structural sandbox where you can create your own dungeons. Others say it will be merely a "texture" pack where you can enhance the look of your gameplay.

Whether this includes a hint about when more down loadable content might
    be available is anyone's guess. Hope is high.
    And the truth shall set you free.

PC only? I just quit my addiction for ef's sake!

My ps3 just died so my son and I had to start our Skyrim games over from scratch.

Some new DLC would be nice.

A construction kit for PC would fit their M.O.

I had a ton of fun with the Oblivion kit.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    My ps3 just died so my son and I had to start our Skyrim games over from scratch.

Ouch. My first game, started before any patches, got so laggy, buggy, and crashed so much with my guy at level 60, that I restarted from the 1.03 patch. It went significantly smoother the second time around. A couple of bugged minor quests and it's started freezing at level 65... but I'm worn out. I'm about to go into Savngard to kill Alduin and.... meh.

Nice way to pass Winter though!

That's terrible. *anguish* But hold on! You don't back up your game saves? I make sure to copy mine, just in case (I'm on my second PS3).

I haven't played in a while. I need to get back to it. I'm trying to get into PC gaming, but I don't think I'd start all over again for Skyrim. Maybe.
    I've found that keyboard and mouse is absolutely hideous for me to game with. And I have no hand problems. I need to set up a controller.

Ya, no backups of game files. Dumb.

No one here has gotten much beyond lvl 30, so there is still lots of Skyrim left for us to explore, thankfully.

I'm downloading Kingdoms of Armalor (not spelled right, but sounds like that), right now.

Looks interesting, but the demo also has some Mass Effect 3 Easter eggs to collect (if you're planning on playing ME3)!

D'oh!

I got the Kingdoms Of Amalur demo on my PS3. I did have a look at it. When you load it, it tells you you've got some stuff for ME3. I've never played any of the ME games, and had no plans on playing 3, so I wasn't bothered.
    The demo...I wasn't sure what to think really. The bit I played, it seemed...ok. Not great, just ok.

Oh well, so much for extra campaign news.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today Bethesda released the mod tools for their open-world RPG Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. PC gamers can download the Skyrim Creation Kit through Steam along with another special surprise.

"Mod-makers have a long history with Bethesda Game Studios, bringing to life new quests, locations and characters, as well as making changes to game from subtle tweaks to full-blown overhauls," said level designer Joel Burgess. "With the Creation Kit, the same tool we used to create Skyrim, there’s almost no limit to what can be accomplished – and we’re putting that power in your hands."

The Creation Kit is free to download for all Steam users. Access to the Skyrim Workshop is also free. The Workshop is an online hub for the mod community. It makes it easy for players to upload, download, and rate mods.

Remember the surprise that Bethesda was teasing for today? No, it's not a DLC announcement. It's a high-resolution texture pack, designed to make the game look even better on high-end computers.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Sky...eam-39327.html
    And the truth shall set you free.

Quote Originally Posted by keps View Post
    D'oh!

I got the Kingdoms Of Amalur demo on my PS3. I did have a look at it. When you load it, it tells you you've got some stuff for ME3. I've never played any of the ME games, and had no plans on playing 3, so I wasn't bothered.
    The demo...I wasn't sure what to think really. The bit I played, it seemed...ok. Not great, just ok.

Yeah, the demo DL finished and I played late last night. It was just OK, I agree.

I skipped ME2 but rather enjoyed 1, so I think I'll probably give 3 a try.

Any games on the horizon you are looking forward to?

Yeah, the demo DL finished and I played late last night. It was just OK, I agree.

I skipped ME2 but rather enjoyed 1, so I think I'll probably give 3 a try.

Any games on the horizon you are looking forward to?
    I never played any of the ME games...should I?

I'm trying to get my PC set up so I can game on that. I'm mainly interested in playing Team Fortress 2, as the PC version has many more maps, is updated, and has more players (I played on PS3 before it was ruined by glitchers...Valve aren't interested in doing anything about that).
    I need to get a video card, and a bluetooth dongle so I can use one of my PS3 controllers.