Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 53

Thread: YOU, YOURS, and Rick Hansen

  1. #1

    YOU, YOURS, and Rick Hansen

    The Rick Hansen Foundation has made some big announcements recently and those who've been involved at the direct email campaign to RHF and writing to newspapers, have made a big impact.

    Here is the first one...
    "Based on industry feedback and due to the current economic climate, the Interdependence 2012 program will now focus solely on Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) Research and Development."

    They had planned for a conference on accessibility and an inclusive world full of ramps, but this announcement shows that they are susceptible to pressure.

    I'm not saying that we were the only thing that changed their minds, but two coincidences after these email campaigns is a little hard to believe.

    This does not mean there is more money for cure but it does show an image change. NOW we have to make sure that they put their money where their new mouths are.

    Anyways, it's good news for now.

    You can keep reading at...http://stemcellsandatombombs.blogspo...ck-hansen.html
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

    "Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

  2. #2
    Senior Member lynnifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Windsor ON Canada
    Posts
    19,320
    That's great!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

    T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

  3. #3
    Senior Member lunasicc42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lutz, Fl USA*********C456
    Posts
    2,329
    this is great news indeed!!!

    Now we just wait to see if it's serious
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

    "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    South Devon, UK
    Posts
    537
    Thanks again for your efforts.
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

  5. #5
    That is awesome! A step in the right direction. No pun intended.

  6. #6
    Senior Member lunasicc42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lutz, Fl USA*********C456
    Posts
    2,329
    Quote Originally Posted by K-dog View Post
    That is awesome! A step in the right direction. No pun intended.

    I would make it, pun intended!!!
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

    "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

  7. #7
    The value of good advocacy! Keep up the good work Dennis.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Van Quad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts
    5,558
    Looks like the direct mail campaign took place in September 2011. I know for a fact that the RHF change of focus was planned far ahead of the above date. But I'm sure the feedback helps.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Van Quad View Post
    Looks like the direct mail campaign took place in September 2011. I know for a fact that the RHF change of focus was planned far ahead of the above date. But I'm sure the feedback helps.
    When I first wrote this post I was waiting for you to pop up with your comments.
    Can you please tell us how you know that, "the RHF change of focus was planned far ahead?" If it's a fact, I'd love to know the facts.

    In fact, the first email campaign started in July 2011 with another follow up in July, two follow ups in August (including one to the Governor General) and then some stuff to newspapers in January of this year.

    So is this change of focus in all of RHF or just in the Interdependence Conference? In fact, the announcement that Interdependence would deal only with spinal cord injury research and development was made in February and it was a sudden change.

    In fact, the preliminary conference overview was put out on 3 June and included all the accessibility and inclusion stuff.

    The call for abstracts went out in October 2011 and the deadlines were set for 1 December 2011 and the author notifications for 18 January 2012 with the themes including accessibility and inclusion.

    AND now you're telling me that the change of focus at RHF started far ahead of September 2011. Were they planning this as a surprise at the conference? Was it like a joke and then were going to announce this on the day?
    "Ladies and Gentlemen. I know that you came expecting a conference on accessibility, but we tricked you as we have in fact changed our focus long before we even advertised this event. We also apologize to those who sent abstracts about accessibility, but we wanted to lay this surprise on you today when you had already registered to attend and paid your money".

    I'm sorry for having used the word FACT so much, but I did so in the hope that Van Quad would share his FACTS with us instead of his short blurb saying, "You didn't change anything, but thanks for writing."

    I have quite enjoyed writing this and please accept it in good fun, but I am dying to hear about the FACTS that you mention.
    Last edited by StemCells&AtomBombs; 02-11-2012 at 04:34 AM. Reason: I was laughing so hard when I wrote this that I made a bunch of spelling and grammar mistakes.
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

    "Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by StemCells&AtomBombs View Post
    When I first wrote this post I was waiting for you to pop up with your comments.
    Can you please tell us how you know that, "the RHF change of focus was planned far ahead?" If it's a fact, I'd love to know the facts.

    In fact, the first email campaign started in July 2011 with another follow up in July, two follow ups in August (including one to the Governor General) and then some stuff to newspapers in January of this year.

    So is this change of focus in all of RHF or just in the Interdependence Conference? In fact, the announcement that Interdependence would deal only with spinal cord injury research and development was made in February and it was a sudden change.

    In fact, the preliminary conference overview was put out on 3 June and included all the accessibility and inclusion stuff.

    The call for abstracts went out in October 2011 and the deadlines were set for 1 December 2011 and the author notifications for 18 January 2012 with the themes including accessibility and inclusion.

    AND now you're telling me that the change of focus at RHF started far ahead of September 2011. Were they planning this as a surprise at the conference? Was it like a joke and then were going to announce this on the day?
    "Ladies and Gentlemen. I know that you came expecting a conference on accessibility, but we tricked you as we have in fact changed our focus long before we even advertised this event. We also apologize to those who sent abstracts about accessibility, but we wanted to lay this surprise on you today when you had already registered to attend and paid your money".

    I'm sorry for having used the word FACT so much, but I did so in the hope that Van Quad would share his FACTS with us instead of his short blurb saying, "You didn't change anything, but thanks for writing."

    I have quite enjoyed writing this and please accept it in good fun, but I am dying to hear about the FACTS that you mention.

Similar Threads

  1. RE: Rick Hansen
    By momo3 in forum Cure
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 06:41 PM
  2. Rick Hansen movie
    By dewie27 in forum Cure
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-05-2010, 08:05 AM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-03-2009, 11:24 AM
  4. Rick Hansen still inspiring
    By Max in forum Life
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-17-2002, 02:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •