View Poll Results: How many people who have had the Lima Procedure in Portugal have improved?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Improved substantially (major sensory and motor return)

3 15.00%
  • Improved slightly (some sensory and motor)

7 35.00%
  • Did not change very much or at all

6 30.00%
  • Had a slight loss of function (lost some strength and sensation)

0 0%
  • Had substantial loss of function (had ascent of neurological level)

4 20.00%
Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 74748495051525354555657

Thread: Just returned home from Dr. Lima's procedure!!!!!

Hows going?

How's going?
    Donnie: Dr. Xiao, What are your thoughts on a cure/combination therapy for SCI's??
    CG Xiao: Donnie, I don't want to disappoint you, but I think it is impossible to restore the continuity of the cord or "bridge the gap" in the near future, let's say: 50 years. Dr Wise Young has been my most respected scientist in SCI. He has dedicated and contributed to SCI no other can match.

Hi could you possibly provide me with an email address for Dr.Carlos Lima?. I have tried researching for one..and dont seem to have much luck- Much appreciation..

Quote Originally Posted by Naina View Post
    Hi could you possibly provide me with an email address for Dr.Carlos Lima?. I have tried researching for one..and dont seem to have much luck- Much appreciation..
    Hi. This is his email:

crlima@clix.pt

If you want you can tell him it was Ferreira from Albergaria-a-velha.

Wish you all the best.
    Last edited by herrlich; 12-11-2010 at 02:00 PM.

Is Susan still around CC?

Your a star- Thank you.
    It is much appreciated from myself and my partner! We wish you all the luck in the world with your recovery progression.

I shall be emailing the Doc soon as I finish this message-

Take Care Friend.

January 13, 2010
    Susan Rebecca Fajt

Anonymous The Daily Democrat Wed Jan 13, 2010, 09:34 AM CST

Susan Rebecca Fajt of Norman, formerly of the Paoli area, was born June 15, 1977 in Pauls Valley, Oklahoma to John and Kathleen Ranell (Daniels) Fajt. She was raised in Paoli and is a graduate of Norman High School. She has made Norman her home for the past four years.

http://carecure.rutgers.edu/forum/sh...d.php?t=129938
    And the truth shall set you free.

I am shocked.
    I dont know what to say.
    That was something i was not expecting to know.

Naina, i am sorry about my tricky memory, the email is @clix.pt and not @iol.pt.
    I have edited the one above so nobody else could take it by mistake.

My husband this surgery in 2005. He did the rehab afterwards at RIM in michigan. In 2009 he had to undergo surgery because the stem cells were growing putting pressure on the healthy part of his cord. He has experienced extreme loss of strength to both arms and hands, especially his right side. He had a second surgery for the same reason and might possibly have to have another one soon. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem?