View Poll Results: How many people who have had the Lima Procedure in Portugal have improved?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Improved substantially (major sensory and motor return)

3 15.00%
  • Improved slightly (some sensory and motor)

7 35.00%
  • Did not change very much or at all

6 30.00%
  • Had a slight loss of function (lost some strength and sensation)

0 0%
  • Had substantial loss of function (had ascent of neurological level)

4 20.00%
Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Just returned home from Dr. Lima's procedure!!!!!

Sanam,

I prey for you with all of my heart, as i do all that suffer. Your stories bring tears to my eyes and i weep and prey for miracles!! I do not know how i can help you Sanam, Dr. Lima does not take patients that i am aware of that are more than 4 years or less post injury, but here is his e-mail address, just in case, crlima@clix.pt.
    Many things are blooming in the world of spinal cord injury and i believe they will be able to help you and many others in the forseable future. Until that day comes, please keep hoping and searching and most importantly stay in good shape, both body and soul.

Yette,

No one can fathom the pain you must endure, i hope this finds you in peace. I hope to speak with you consistantly. Here is Dr. Lima's address crlima@clix.pt... I wish the best for you. Please visit my website in the following months at www.sciwalker.com, there are many things that will make for a fruitful endeavor..

Manmeet,

I hope this information helps you too...

Teesieme,

Forever love to you and your son. Many things are finally starting to move forward with buisness and i plan to go back to Portugal within the few months, i am hoping for Dr. Lima to have a few tricks up his sleave. This would not be abnormal for him.

John Templeton,

You are a wonderful father to fight your heart out for your child. I respect you and hope the best for your family and most importantly your little girl! The address to Dr. Lima is above.. Maybe i will see you while i am there?

Dr. Young,
    Can i come and see your miracles? (small grin)

Gods speed~
    Susan

Hey Superstar
    Hope you had a great Christmas & NY's eve.
    Sounds like you've been working hard. Any new functional gains? Walked that mile... with your dog?
    What tricks are you hoping Dr Lima has up his sleeve? Further surgery/injections? Combo?

klj

p.s. your link in below message to sciwire doesn't work due to the comma (,) directly after, you just need to add a 'space' in between

[This message was edited by klj on 01-04-05 at 08:57 PM.]

Hi Susan, I wish you the best with your recovery.

I didn't find the address to Dr. lima as you indicated in your last post. Could you place a link here, or just type it out. My spinal cord is severed at the T-2 level and from what I've read about Dr. Lima he has had some success with lab rats and their severed cords. He also likes his patients to be healthy and motivated. Right now, I fit the bill. I would love to write to him.

Thanks for your help and again good luck.
    Dave

please is there any way you that you could send me dr lima adress or phone # iam 68 and living alone and running out of time i am living if yu would call it that with a brain stem disorder thats killing me slowly yours truly eugene amaro bossbra@hotmail.com

My question was OBE.
    Thanks to everyone who has posted to here. This thread has been very helpful for my niece and our family.

KlJ- I can not put into words how much fun I had on New Year's! Ditto to you....

So many things wonderful things happened that night and then i got to sit and chat with Sandra Bullock!!! She is a huge supporter of stem cells so we had a lot to discuss and she will be sporting one of the "Cure SCI"/Fight with Courage" bracelets!!!!!
    Pre-orders are now being taken, look to www.sciwalker.com"!

BTW- i am having new contractions in my inner-thigh muscles that i noticed a few days ago!
    Don't even ask about that stinkin mile...(grinning) Ashley does a great job! HA.

Dr. Lima's e-mail address is www.crlima@clix.pt (without the wink)

Thanks Erin's Aunt!
    This thread has been of great help to myself, in its own way it is like a journal.

Happy 2005!
    Gods speed~
    Susan

Hi Susan,

I have recently been looking into all of the history of Dr Limas Procedure as I have an uncle who is paralysed from the chest down and he is very interested in going through the surgery to help him, I have e-mailed Dr Lima with his case but have not yet had a reply and wondered if there was any way you could tell me of a way to get into contact maybe an address to send a letter. Could you possibly drop me a e-mail at puckerpurple@hotmail.com

Many Thanks
    Kayleigh

Hello Kayleigh,

Your uncle is lucky to have you helping him find all of this information..

Have you sent Dr. Lima another e-mail, just in case... Next time i speak with him i will remind him of the importance this is on peoples lives. Promise.

BTW- how old is his injury and what is his age?

Gods speed~
    Susan

Hi Susan,

Thanks ever so much for replying so soon.

He is 25 years old this year, As for his injury, He has never actually had an injury. He came down with Meningitis in the 1996 as a result of this disease the doctors had to carry out a Lumber Puncture, This however was performed at the wrong time due to his brain already having swelled up to much causing the brain stem to be damaged due to what you call Coning. As a result to this He was left paralysed from the neck down including his breathing resulting in him having to rely on a Ventilator.
    Now being eight years on He has built up his movements and regained movement of his left arm, can breathe without using his ventilator throughout the day but is still using it at night times, He also has a bit strength in his upper body, Being able to lean forward whilst sat in his chair and is able to push himself back so he is sat upright again. Sometimes with a bit of determination he can slightly tap his feet but this is a struggle and takes a lot of concentration and effort.

Can you help with anything further on this?

Many Thanks
    Kayleigh.

Originally posted by Superstar~:

Hello Kayleigh,

Your uncle is lucky to have you helping him find all of this information..

Have you sent Dr. Lima another e-mail, just in case... Next time i speak with him i will remind him of the importance this is on peoples lives. Promise.

BTW- how old is his injury and what is his age?

Gods speed~
    Susan

Kayleigh,

No problem at all..

Wow, that is a perfect example of how quickly things can change in ones life in such bizarre ways.. I am sorry...

The only experimental suggestions i could make is to maybe try 4-AP, this (in my opinion) should be the time released compound which you can get from Bellevue Pharmacy on-line. A doctor would be good to advise you before beginning this approach.. Also, lots of exercise is obviously an important role in ones recovery. Does your uncle have a standing frame? He is very young and has you to help him find the right path for his condition, this is a blessing in itself.

I have decided to leave my wheelchair and in its place use my braces as often as possible and see what happens! Wish me luck!!! This is going to be *lots* of hard work.

Gods speed~
    Susan