View Poll Results: How many people who have had the Lima Procedure in Portugal have improved?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Improved substantially (major sensory and motor return)

3 15.00%
  • Improved slightly (some sensory and motor)

7 35.00%
  • Did not change very much or at all

6 30.00%
  • Had a slight loss of function (lost some strength and sensation)

0 0%
  • Had substantial loss of function (had ascent of neurological level)

4 20.00%
Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: Just returned home from Dr. Lima's procedure!!!!!

did i miss something i don't see a post from DA in this thread so overtheline3 it seems to me that your attack on DA is unfounded unless i missed something. can we all just get along.
    Originally posted by overtheline3:

Da...every answer u ever give on this forum just makes u sound more and more like the biggest jackass.Just stop and learn to talk talk like a normal person.Buy the video if u can't figure it out.U just sound so lame to me,ya i'am paralized.But not a fucking jackass to everyone.Blend in and let's work together.

well i never

Clay,
    Yes, I will get some pictures of my cross-trainer as well as the standing wheelchiar sometime this week. I do not know where to put the pics but i am sure i will figure it out.
    If you look on member pictures you can find the standing wheelchair, i call it the (Alter). It is the 10th or 11th down on the far left side of the page.
    I just got off of the cross-trainer, have been working out for almost 3 hours at a time. It seems like I have made a good desicion in regards to Dr. Limas technique, time will tell much more. Today was my first month out of surgery, STILL ALIVE! ...
    will post more later, I am sooooo tierd.
    Gods speed,
    Susan

I also just returned home from Dr. Lima's procedure. I agree with everything Susan said. Dr. Lima is a WONDERFUL man along with his staff of surgeons! I couldn't begin to say enough nice things about his whole program. I had surgery 10 days ago. I am still very sore as I had my rods removed at the same time. I will also keep you informed as how things come along!

JV, thanks and please do keep us updated. Maybe you can start a separate recovery topic.

JV,
    Would never expect anything less than your post. Missing Portugal just thinking about the wonderful people I met. Can't wait to exchange thoughts... Happy your home safe!!
    Gods speed,
    Susan

Hi Jv,

Did you meet quads c4 (like me) or c5 who went there for the treatment?
    If yes, any informations you got from them about their recovery?

Thanks

Steve

[This message was edited by Steve on 07-23-03 at 11:57 AM.]

Hi Steve. I know the first two Americans were both C levels. While I was in Portugal one of them was on the San Antonio local news. My dad said it showed how she can now feed herself which was something she couldn't do before. I think she had the surgery only about 3 months ago. My dad said she seemed very excited about the return she was getting. Hope this helps. If I hear anything else I will let you know.

DA

don't worry about that loser.
    the smart ones here can see what's really going on in the US. (GENETECH)

DA is the man.
    I agree with everything he says.
    Long live DA!; long enough to cure.

DA
    when I get some money...affter the new year I will come to Texas and we can plan on how to show some of these Bastard clinicians and CEO's
    Genetech, that we must be taken seriously.
    boomb boomb

never falter

Superstar-JV and any others who went there, i admire and appreciate your courage. JV you mentioned the person in SA was on local news. Have you kids had interest in your local media doing a story? When folks ask why I am heading to China and nothing here, I love to really dig it in. IMO theres a place for public pressure. Good luck to you all. Also anyone have a close guestimate on how many Americans have been to Portugal.