View Poll Results: How many people who have had the Lima Procedure in Portugal have improved?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Improved substantially (major sensory and motor return)

3 15.00%
  • Improved slightly (some sensory and motor)

7 35.00%
  • Did not change very much or at all

6 30.00%
  • Had a slight loss of function (lost some strength and sensation)

0 0%
  • Had substantial loss of function (had ascent of neurological level)

4 20.00%
Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Just returned home from Dr. Lima's procedure!!!!!

Hopefully in time you will see some improvements Susan, Nerves grow very slowly as you know.

I think it is a wonderful thing you have done, at least now you have a shot at some kind of meaningful recovery.

Do you have access to a FES bike that you can train on? This might help you. For now though just get some rest and hopefully the pain will go away soon.

Keep us up to date, the good parts and the bad parts. Hopefully from here on in it will be all good.

God Bless and take care of yourself.

"Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Hello Superstar,

We will continue to pray for your recovery, I noticed that you paid $22,000 to Detroit Medical Center and $35,000 to Lima for a total of $57,000.00.

What does Detroit Medical Center have to do with Lima?

Is it mandatory that Lima's patients go to Detroit Medical Center before going onto Lisbon?

Janet

Piela, Detroit Medical Center is doing the post-op assessments of Dr. Lima's patients as part of a collaborative effort. Here's more.

How does one aquire the info to apply for this procedure?

Piela,

I went straight to Portugal and did not go through DMC. I will speak with Dr. Lima soon and ask him what he anticipates for the future patients. The cost is below 35,000 but you must meet certain requirments. I will post more info in the future in regards to his procedure and will hopefully have some excellent news about return of sensation, motor recovery, ect.!!!!!

Superstar,

Thanks for clearing up the confusion regarding Detroit Medical Center. I was under the impression that Dr. Lima had negotiated a relationship between Lisbon and Detroit Medical Center...and the pre and post surgery therapies were administered at Detroit Medical Center in Detroit. Could you give us a brief description of your pre and post surgery therapies?

I will continue to hope and pray for your recovery.

Janet

Piela,
    As far as my therapies go, I have a standing wheelchair that I used almost everyday before surgery as well as swimming, cross-training, and some electrical stimulation.
    Since returning home from Dr. Lima's procedure, I basically do the same PT perhaps more cross-training since my father remodified it so that it only takes seconds to get on as opposed to 20 minutes!
    Thank you for your prayers...

Superstar - It sounds like you have given alot of thought as to how to maintain your excersize program. Could you post some pictures of you using your cross-trainer? What special modifications did your dad make to make it easier to use? Thanks. We are all hanging on your every word. Plwase post as often as you are able to tell us your progress. > Clay

There's one called Paul, into Reiki,
    I once met. No further data how to find him.

If I had the problem and some stuff stuck in,
    I might figure, give it 4 months to settle,
    chemically and in connections
    do basic adaptations,

and then I might wish Paul
    to go programming into my systems.

Personally I am awed by his capacities.

(And me maybe being for some brain magic energetic translinks one of the fastest of this city, with various magic stuff it can take quite a bit before I'm awed.)

Da...every answer u ever give on this forum just makes u sound more and more like the biggest jackass.Just stop and learn to talk talk like a normal person.Buy the video if u can't figure it out.U just sound so lame to me,ya i'am paralized.But not a fucking jackass to everyone.Blend in and let's work together.