View Poll Results: How many people who have had the Lima Procedure in Portugal have improved?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Improved substantially (major sensory and motor return)

3 15.00%
  • Improved slightly (some sensory and motor)

7 35.00%
  • Did not change very much or at all

6 30.00%
  • Had a slight loss of function (lost some strength and sensation)

0 0%
  • Had substantial loss of function (had ascent of neurological level)

4 20.00%
Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Just returned home from Dr. Lima's procedure!!!!!

Great news Superstar!!!
    Keep us informed about all that is happening. All of our hopes are with you!!
    Remind us again of what level your injury was and what you had working before you left for the operation.
    Good luck!!

congrats and good luck. My wife is the same age as you and she was very active before her injury. We both want to wish you good luck and a quick recovery. Can't wait to hear more updates from you....

Thank you....

OK, bare with me, still recovering with the help of some pain meds..
    My level was T-7/8, 100% complete, my spinal cord was almost severed Dr. Vital has told me... I have a standing wheelchair and do my own PT. Considering my options for the future at this point regarding more intense PT.

Superstar, thanks for sharing this news with us. If you don't mind, where have you recovered sensation? I assume you also had surgery to remove cells from your olfactory gland, can you describe that procedure in terms of pain and scent recovery? Did Dr. Lima give you a prognosis, how much are you expected to recover based on your level of injury?

Thanks again.

superstar, thanks very much for sharing with us. Wise.

superstar, have you got the clinic inform (Informe Clinico)? if so could you share it with us ?
    The best of luck for you.

There was a ear, nose, and throat doctor that removed the cells from my nose. I felt zero pain in my nose after surgery, all I could think about was chocolate milk and the wonderful people went out of the hospital around nine or ten p.m. and got me some as soon as it was safe for me to drink some.... It was the best chocolate milk I have ever had!!!

thank you for shareing your news with us and i wish you good luck. does any have any new with the australia tail?????
    cause the more good news the better the motivation for us.

Yeahhhhhhh!!! Thanks for posting Superstar. Keep us updated on your therapy and progress. God Bless.

I am extremly tierd right know though I feel it is my duty to let everyone know what is going on. I have been on my cross trainer for and hour and a half and was standing for longer. I will post more soon.
    Gods speed.

[This message was edited by Superstar on 07-09-03 at 12:28 AM.]