View Poll Results: How many people who have had the Lima Procedure in Portugal have improved?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Improved substantially (major sensory and motor return)

3 15.00%
  • Improved slightly (some sensory and motor)

7 35.00%
  • Did not change very much or at all

6 30.00%
  • Had a slight loss of function (lost some strength and sensation)

0 0%
  • Had substantial loss of function (had ascent of neurological level)

4 20.00%
Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Just returned home from Dr. Lima's procedure!!!!!

KLJ,

So sorry for the delayed response, i have been very busy working towards finding a cure and doing my best at walking that mile! Whew..

I am able to stand for short periods of time with no braces and a little support!

In regards to Dr. Bohbots treatments i had them twice daily for approximatly a month and a half. I wished in many ways i would have been able to stay there in France longer but my father had cancer and he worried me with his inability to communicate so i came back to the US.
    Still miss France very much and hope to return soon! If you are reading this Albert, expect for the lion to change just a little...
    Once again, i would like to thank everyone for your suppport and this wonderful community of couragous fighters for the better good of the human race..
    I have many things to speak about that i have left unsaid, but will continue to post as i realize the importance of this thread!
    Gods speed~
    Susan

Dear Susan;

My name is Michael and I am a T12-L1 incomplete SCI victom. I say victom because I was in the right place at the wrong time winding up at the wrong end of a gun. The crooks took my ability to walk and left me with constant nerve pain. I want to go to China for the operation, I would liked to have followed your "footsteps" but I am post injury for more than 12 years.

I have some feeling down to the top of my left knee but nothing on the right leg. I have walked again but only in long-leg braces. It's very hard to walk any distance in them.

My problem is getting the surgury is funding. Do you have any suggestions on how to raise the necessary monies? Any sample letters you have or have had written that I could see so I could help format ones for myself?

I am so thrilled that you have done so well!!!

Please contact me with any help you (that goes for anyone) can provide via e-mail at sci_injured@kdtechnologies.com

Wishing you continued success.
    Michael T. Durham

Can anyone who has had this procedure quote the exact cost for it(in us$).Thank you

When i went to Portugal, i was first told that i must pay a certain individual 55,000 dollars and i did send that check to DMC. Once i arrived i spoke with Carlos Lima and he was *very* upset and conducted all of the tests himself and after LOTS of phone calls upon my return, i got most of my money back.. imagine that! So i believe the cost is 30,000 dollars. Dr. Lima is very honest and will answer this question himself as i am not sure exactly what the price is but it is somewhere close to this.. Insurance is also a possibility to consider... As far as fund raising goes, someone else would be much better at this question. I am currently working very hard on a project that will get lots of attention and then i could possibly help.

Good luck and Gods speed~

Superstar, you are correct, $30,000 is the cost Dr. Lima quoted back on Nov. 17th 2003.

Hi Superstar,

I think I read somewhere that you've recovered sensation all the way to your feet. I think you mentioned it's not normal sensation, but how is it with deep sensation - I mean if you can feel the position of your legs/knees/feet without seing them? Just curious... (btw I can 'walk' but my
    eyes are my feeling)

Regards

Mika

Originally posted by Michael Durham:

Dear Susan;

My name is Michael and I am a T12-L1 incomplete SCI victom. I say victom because I was in the right place at the wrong time winding up at the wrong end of a gun. The crooks took my ability to walk and left me with constant nerve pain. I want to go to China for the operation, I would liked to have followed your "footsteps" but I am post injury for more than 12 years.

I have some feeling down to the top of my left knee but nothing on the right leg. I have walked again but only in long-leg braces. It's very hard to walk any distance in them.

My problem is getting the surgury is funding. Do you have any suggestions on how to raise the necessary monies? Any sample letters you have or have had written that I could see so I could help format ones for myself?

I am so thrilled that you have done so well!!!

Please contact me with any help you (that goes for anyone) can provide via e-mail at sci_injured@kdtechnologies.com)

Wishing you continued success.
    Michael T. Durham
    ***NOTE*** As fate would have it, my e-mail addres above was snaged by a bot and now I keep getting virus' sent to me. Therefore, I have killed the above e-mail address and replaced it with the following e-mail address.

380gunshotvictum @ kdtechnologies .com

Copy and paste the above address and remove the spaces. Sorry for having to do things this way.

Michael D.

Thank You;

Michael T. Durham
    380gunshotvictum @ kdtechnologies .com

Superstar: You said insurance is a possibility for the Portugal procedure. Please give me details. Thanks.

Mikanen,

This is awesome that you can walk and your eyes are your "feeling"! As far as sensation goes, yes i do have feeling all the way down to my toes and it is sometimes more sensitive, depending upon the day. Perhaps, this is due to how much i have worked out that paticular day, who knows??? Anyway, things are still continuing to recover, but, very slowly and I am working out very hard these days!
    We have begun the process of ordering bracelets through www.sciwalker.com for sci today!!! <<<YEAH>>> Many good things are getting ready to bloom!
    Gods speed~
    Susan

BTW, about the insurance, i have heard that a few others have tried to regain there money, however i am not sure what the outcome was. Maybe they will respond, i have only heard they tried..

Gods speed~
    Susan

[This message was edited by Superstar on 09-21-04 at 04:16 PM.]

Hi Susan. I just e-mailed Dr. Lima about a week ago and he still hasn't responded. Is there any other better way to contact him or should I wait longer?