Thread: Wanted: Empi 300PV or similar device

Wanted: Empi 300PV or similar device

I work for an SCI exercise facility in New Jersey, and we're looking to get an Empi 300PV (or something similar that does the same thing) so we can add some neuromuscular stim to some exercises with our clients. I saw on Empi's web site that the only way you can get their products is with a prescription - does anyone know a way around that? Or, does anyone know where we could get the 300PV through another dealer or something like that?

If not, are there any other NMES units that have similar functions to the 300PV that would be worth getting?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tomsonite View Post
    I work for an SCI exercise facility in New Jersey, and we're looking to get an Empi 300PV (or something similar that does the same thing) so we can add some neuromuscular stim to some exercises with our clients. I saw on Empi's web site that the only way you can get their products is with a prescription - does anyone know a way around that? Or, does anyone know where we could get the 300PV through another dealer or something like that?

If not, are there any other NMES units that have similar functions to the 300PV that would be worth getting?

Thanks!
    I think you would be opening yourself up to liability without being trained and obtaining it legally. I would call the company and ask what is needed for a center to get the device.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

u dont need a prescription...but it does help to have somebody show u how it works...or be able to ask questions about it.
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. -- John Lennon

We are pretty experienced with FES and neuromuscular stim technology in general, and we have a person who has instructed others to use the unit as well as use it on himself that we would be able to consult. We certainly wouldn't just blindy go about using something with clients if we didn't know exactly how to use it.

Does anyone know of any other good NMES devices that are out there?

I bought one from a member a year ago who used it a few times and I've never used it. I'm just looking to get back what I paid, about $350?

btw do you guys use the nmes on quad bellies? I was going to but something in the manual made me think it wouldnt work on that.
    Last edited by leschinsky; 02-11-2012 at 09:19 PM.
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Empi 300 pv

I would be interested in purchasing... Would that be possible? Please contact June at jsteube@primus.ca. Thanks!

leschinsky, we currently don't have an Empi unit so I can't answer your question about quad bellies. The person who initially informed us of Empi units had a T-level injury and had used it on both his abdominal and spinal erector muscles.
    From what I have read about the Empi, it will only work on a muscle if it is still partially innervated. For a completely denervated muscle, it will not work.

I currently have an EMPI Select unit that I no longer use, I paid about 800 for it a few months ago and recently put mine up for sale on the site... Let me know if you would like more info...
    Nathan