Thread: Aluminum Lasher Sport vs Oracing Aluminum Everyday Chair.....

Aluminum Lasher Sport vs Oracing Aluminum Everyday Chair.....

my father's health is declining and i will be spending alot more time at his rugged mountop top home with the possibility of it becoming my permanent residence. no paved roads, driveways up on the mountain so it looks like a new chair & accessories will be in order. i was thinking of making my current Marvel my outdoor chair by adding a set of mountain bike rims and tires. has anyone attached a freewheel to a Marvel? but then again the Lasher BT-X Multi Terrain looks interesting too http://lashersport.com/products-BT-X.html does anyone have or tried this chair?
    soooo, some sort of new chair will be needed and i dont want to go the Tilite/Quickie/ Invacare route. Been watching ToTo/ORacing very closely and now the Lasher Sport Aluminums are starting to pop up on CC. Anyone care to chime in, who has the best bang for the buck (this will be out of pocket) pros/cons for each. price comparisons? etc, etc, etc. do these chairs make the Abilities Expo in NY?
    Toto, do you have any base prices on the ORacing chairs and approximate shipping costs to the US?
    thoughts, suggestions from Lasher/ORacing owners?

will also be looking into a 10-12 step chair lift for the basement steps also, im getting old, my days of climbing stairs are coming to an end. never used one before. what does one watch out for and how well do they work. would only need one for occasional trips down into a un finished basement to get to riding lawn mowers, ATV's, my tools etc.

as you can see and aggressive chair will be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMach View Post
    Toto, do you have any base prices on the ORacing chairs and approximate shipping costs to the US?
    thoughts, suggestions from Lasher/ORacing owners?

as you can see and aggressive chair will be needed.
    I`m not going to suggest you any of them because both are good chairs.
    I will go for a box frame and lasher could do it too no problem, about the aluminium, Oracing use 7020 and lasher 6061, i don`t know about lashers wall thick but i will bet Oracing are stronger.
    Oracing back uphostery is far better than the lasher.

The lasher have better end caps tubes if that is something important for you, Oracing just use plastic end caps.
    If you are going for a solid seat pan dosen`t mind but if you are going for a cloth seat uphostery Lashers are better, i don`t like the Oracing one by strips, about brakes, sideguards, etc you could have the same in both options, except in impact guards where Oracing is again far away.

About everything else dosen`t mind because both chairs are good.

If you speak with Tilite and you could get a full welded ZR or TR could be a really good option too.

But if you are looking for something like the BT-X just go for the Lasher.

Any chair with a Freewheel would eat that up, easily. Assuming you've got the upper body to push it, which I am assuming. The Marvel footrest is too short for the Freewheel, I'm sure patd could address that, assuming you have ~ .5" between your feet for the Freewheel, also.

I've been happy with my Lasher BT-Mg, the BT-X is nice, expensive as all hell with all the goodies, but neat.

I would really consider a Lasher BT-Mg, spec'd with 507 wheels and MTB tires with a Freewheel, frankly. Having a chair that is VERY light off road is a BIG advantage. I don't have enough footrest room to add the Freewheel to my BT-Mg, since I spec'd it EXACTLY the size as my favorite shoes, (9.5"), and the FW takes up a bit of space. I tried it and just let my feet ride off the footrest and MAN was it much better than using it with the Quickie GT (10lbs heavier).

My ultimate offroad scoot would be another Mg spec'd with slightly less CoG than I'd usually use (maybe even adjustable "AS" option), an additional 1" wide on the footrest for the FW, 5" casters, and I'd use 507 wheels with MTB tires (Maxxis Holy Rollers are my favorite...very wide, very low tread, don't pick up dirt but float really well). Of course, the Freewheel up front.

If you can get a set of Rogue Tundra wheels from Marvel I would HIGHLY recommend them. Best off road wheel set, ever, IMO.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

I don't know what the rest of the property looks like but based on those two photos any run of the mill chair should handle it. I would have no qualms about wheeling over those two areas pictured in my ZRA with 25" right runs. It might be slow going but it would be doable.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    If you can get a set of Rogue Tundra wheels from Marvel I would HIGHLY recommend them. Best off road wheel set, ever, IMO.
    thanks for the input Dale, i can always count on you. i was thinking the same thing about the Rogue Tundra's, i have a call in. Dale, do you remember what the hub size is on the Tundra's? are they the same as stock 1" Rogues or Spinergy's? ....the freewheel is an option too, i think i am going to make a real effort to get to the NY Abilities Expo this year, i am only a couple hours away, to take a look at some of these things. Lashers & or chairs with Frog Legs, how do they roll through grass.

@toto. the upholstery on the Oracing chairs are nice. they look like great chairs, but im pinching "euro's" here. still would like to know what a starting price for a Oracing chair is. like this one.......... http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

@canuck, maybe back in the day but im trying to extend the life of my shoulders and pushing through thick grass for extended periods of time on skinnies is becoming more difficult as the years go bye.

@toto. the upholstery on the Oracing chairs are nice. they look like great chairs, but im pinching "euro's" here. still would like to know what a starting price for a Oracing chair is. like this one.......... http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater
    I PM you the price, like that one but with calf strap attachement, because i hate calf straps around the frame tube like that one , but i don`t understand why people order it like that, of course if you want it like that no problem, same price for you.

For you PM question, those are std forks and casters.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    For you PM question, those are std forks and casters.
    so that is a standard chair as pictured? what wheels and tires are standard? would off road wheels and tires be extra? a freewheel would bolt on the this footrest?

so that is a standard chair as pictured? what wheels and tires are standard? would off road wheels and tires be extra? a freewheel would bolt on the this footrest?
    NO, that is not a std, chair. Do you know any brand that give Dino wheels like std? because i not.

That chair have the dinos, aluminium footplate, fendered aluminium welded sideguards and the back angled crossbar like options.

Off road wheels and tires are extra in all chairs, i don`t know why a freewheel wouldn`t bolt in the footrest, remember you choice their measurements, so....

Like std wheels you could get Sun Fusion and Right Run tires.