Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Is any real hope in near future?

Is any real hope in near future?

Everyday we read and hear about some research work and articles for few years but nothing has happened in real for cure of SCI.
    Which one is real hope and in very near future for chronic spinal injury patients?
    Neural stem cell trials, Brazil trial, Wise's trial or coming chondrointinase trial and still how much wait?
    How long we will be just living on false hopes?

You live for today and position yourself for tomorrow. Each day that you plan your life for after "the cure," is another day wasted. Stay fit, stay healthy, stay busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawaid View Post
    Everyday we read and hear about some research work and articles for few years but nothing has happened in real for cure of SCI.
    Which one is real hope and in very near future for chronic spinal injury patients?
    Neural stem cell trials, Brazil trial, Wise's trial or coming chondrointinase trial and still how much wait?
    And the truth shall set you free.

Back in 89 l was told to pack my bags for sci land because I probably wasn't going back to AB'd land. It was great advice.

I hope that changes but it will be less meaningful, to be cured, the older I get.

NO x 98876657371858584858431885855858585996

We are coming up on my sons 8 year anniversary. All I know is that the research has come a long way in 8 years. I feel more hope today than I did 8 years ago. For me, it's not how far we need to go, but rather how far we have come. It will happen, stay positive and healthy, work out and keep moving forward with your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Mombo View Post
    We are coming up on my sons 8 year anniversary. All I know is that the research has come a long way in 8 years. I feel more hope today than I did 8 years ago. For me, it's not how far we need to go, but rather how far we have come. It will happen, stay positive and healthy, work out and keep moving forward with your life.
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by Mombo View Post
    I agree with Mombo completely. We've had super research come about over the past few years. It will indeed happen but nobody knows exactly when. Staying healthy and positive and working out is important. Nobody should put their lives on hold. Move forward in your life the very best you can.

Jawaid, It seems like you've posted this very same exact thread every couple of weeks for us. Is that possible?

Last edited by GRAMMY; 02-14-2012 at 04:48 PM.

It seems like with humans everything you throw at SCI it resists. Animal studies are different, things seem more likely to work. It must have something to do with our more evolutionalized immune systems, that's my theory.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Jawaid View Post
    A cure will happen, if you doubt it you don't know much about science. Something you can start fixing today.

If you live your life on hopes (true or false)... well let's just say it's not the smartest thing to do.
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

Everyone has his/her own definition criteria of a cure.
    for me the main issue is mobility and access. Bladder/bowel i can manage with a daily programme, sexual function is a desire not a can't do without need. Anything that can get me walking and climbing stairs suits my goal. Maybe a rewalk with a more slick appearance and without the use of crutches is very realistic and yes eliminating that irritating robotic sound too.