Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not feeling well

Not feeling well

I didn't feel well at the beginning of the week, but was feeling fine by Wednesday afternoon. Then I woke up Friday morning with a cough and still have it today. The cough is a dry cough. I don't have a fever or any aches. I don't have a runny, stuffy nose or sinus pressure. I have a throat irritation like something is in the back of my throat, which is what causes me to start coughing. My throat and ears sometimes hurt, but only when I start coughing. I'm also very drowsy. I can't hardly keep my eyes open. But I can't take a nap because I have things that have to be finished today.

I have been drinking lots water. I have taken one dose of Delsym cough medicine and had several cough drops today. Is there anything else I can or should be doing? I want to try to kick this thing before it gets any worse. I'll go to rapid care on Monday if I'm not any better or worse. But right now I don't think it's anything serious. If I tried getting in to see my real doctor, I'll probably just be told to go to rapid care or the ER anyway like I was the last time.
    Last edited by faith9778; 02-04-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Blog Entries
    Every time I get that scratchy feeling in the back of my throat that says "cold coming", I start taking Echinacea 3 times a day for 10 days. Been doing this for 20 years, and Have not had a full-blown cold in all that time. If you can find Echinacea with a bit of Cayenne, even better.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Sounds like a virus that is going around.
    CWO

Thanks for the advice on here. I'm been drinking water and orange juice. I still feel fine other than the irritating cought and being tired. I was so drowsy all day Sunday that I went to bed early but I had trouble falling asleep. But I did get over 9 hours of sleep Sunday night. I thought I would have been well rested, but I have been exhausted all day today. I I wish I could go to sleep now, but I have work to finish. But I"m going to bed as soon as I'm done.

Well I have began feeling worse the past couple of hours. I'm going to rapid care or the ER first thing in the morning. I hope they will do a chest x-ray if I go to rapid care. I will insist on them doing one. That's one reason I may decide to go to the ER instead of rapid care. Although, I don't believe this is an emergency, but I know it needs checked out before turning serious. I feel that something may be settling my lungs. I also now have a 100.7 fever and have started having chills.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Sounds like a virus that is going around.
    CWO
    Bingo. If it is what is going around here, it lasts two to three weeks. Unfun, but survivable.

They did a chest x-ray and said there was a little something in my lungs, so I'm being treated for a mild case of bronchitis. I was given some cough medcine and some pills.

I don't know what's going on now. But I now feel worse than I did before I went to the doctor. I now feel like I have a cold. My nose is sometimes stuffy and other times it's runny. I also have draining in the back of my throat. I didn't have any of this until I woke up this morning. I wonder if it's the medicine breaking things lose in my sinuses. Hopefully this will be cleared up in a few days.

Would it be safe for me to take some OTC tylenol cold medicine along with the prescription I was given. The prescription is Azithromycin or Zipthromax taken once a day in the evenings. It's 500 mg. I looked online to see if it was safe to take but I couldn't find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by faith9778 View Post
    Would it be safe for me to take some OTC tylenol cold medicine along with the prescription I was given. The prescription is Azithromycin or Zipthromax taken once a day in the evenings. It's 500 mg. I looked online to see if it was safe to take but I couldn't find anything.
    Why don't you just call your pharmacy and ask?