Thread: need suggestions for upcoming NYC trip...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

need suggestions for upcoming NYC trip...

good day my fellow traveling wheelers...

I'm planning a trip to NYC for my friend's wedding from April 11 to April 19th and can really use some suggestions...

I'm c 6/7 quad, regular chair width, 29" i think, as long as I can get in the bathroom, I'm pretty good and I use a transfer board to transfer

Where is a good place to stay around the Jericho area that's accessible and reasonable price?

I thought about subletting someone's place... has anyone done that before? where did you look?

thank you for your help!

CD
    "Always look at the bright side of life...."

Hi CHina Doll..have you tried Airbnb?

There is a accessible feature selection.

there is also the vacation rental sites.

do a search accessible rental in " "NY and you may get some listings that are actually accessible..though most have no idea what that means.

Have fun!
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

If you are talking about Jericho, LI that might be a place where your van or accessible car would come in handy. In Manhattan, it is nearly impossible to find accessible parking on the streets at times but maybe not so in Long Island. You could locate a hotel there w accessible parking and then have the option of using your vehicle should you choose to do so. My impression is that accessible taxi availability is problematic in NY in general. If you travel to the wedding by air I feel you may wind up isolated unless your friends and family there could give you a lot of help w transportation. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by sherocksandsherolls View Post
    Hi CHina Doll..have you tried Airbnb?

There is a accessible feature selection.

there is also the vacation rental sites.

do a search accessible rental in " "NY and you may get some listings that are actually accessible..though most have no idea what that means.

Have fun!
    awesome thank you very much

Jericho is on the Island not NYC.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Give abletotravel a call through united spinal . Are u only coming for the wedding? Does the bride have other out if town guests?
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

Quote Originally Posted by Liz321 View Post
    Give abletotravel a call through united spinal . Are u only coming for the wedding? Does the bride have other out if town guests?
    awesome, thank you, I'll give them a call...

I'm coming for a wedding, and will stay a few days extra to visit NYC, Broadway, etc... groom have a few out of town guests, but i'm the only wheeler...

What airport r u coming into? Jfk?

Quote Originally Posted by Liz321 View Post
    What airport r u coming into? Jfk?
    yes JFK

Oh and call the theatre direct as they offer discounts for wheelchair users.