Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my gimpy life

my gimpy life

"Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

This is greatness!
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

Yes, I agree! This actress is beautiful, classy, talented and a real role model that brings wit and humour to our challenges dealing with the general population.

She certainly has my full support and I am a major fan of Teal Sherer:!

"whose pilot is being turned into a full fledged web series, funded and all that! Please, check out the page to her project and watch it when it's released on Youtube later this year"
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Thanks for posting this. It looks great!

now this looks good! best of all: no tv required! LOL

http://news.tubefilter.tv/2012/02/02/my-gimpy-life/
    Last edited by cass; 02-02-2012 at 11:30 PM.

thumbs up for the show, thumbs down for the title choice.... as much as I'm not a PC person with word usage & tend to use awkward choice of words to point fun at my SCI situation the word "gimp" is a bit too derogatory and perverse for me... you know 95% of the population is going to automatically associate it to Pulp Fiction and the gimp in the dungeon..

Oh, looks interesting.

I reckon lots of Brits won't understand the usuage of the word "gimp" in this context. It's not really used here to describe disabled folk.

I'm personally looking forward to it because it has some realistic humor that people might be able to translate for our world. I want people to see that we have personality, spunk, and humor and we can be treated like a "normal" person rather than the "handle with care" bs that we get from people from time to time. I'm not a big fan of the shows that highlight our freakin challenges, BP's, and such. I don't want to know about anyone elses and I sure don't want them to know about mine. I'm hoping there is no "pitty party" drama stuff attached to this show and that she is able to bring a new light to our world. I thought about this show at the grocery store yesterday. I had $119 worth of groceries in a laundry basket (that I didn't buy, only used to carry my stuff). As I was laying my stuff on the grocery checkout conveyer belt thingy, this lady aggressively approaches me and tries to take the basket off my lap. I said, no, no, no, I appreciate the offer but I like to keep it in a certain order so I can stack it appropriately for how I want to unload it. She says, Oh my god, what happened, as if I had just had a tragedy right there in the store or something. I looked at her with a stunned look on my face because she was loud and embarrassing, I told her I had a tragic sex accident but I will be fine. I swear all you could hear was silence for a good 5 seconds as the "lady", the checkout person and the person checking out in front of me stared in SHOCK! She replied with OMG really? I said, NO I've been paralyzed for 18 years from a car accident. She said, well who is going to help you when you get home. I said, I'm going to help myself get the groceries out of my car and then I am going to fix my husband dinner with these goods. She couldn't even fathom that I am capable to doing anything. I personally wanted to knock her lights out for making such a spectical over NOTHING! People need to know we are capable.
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

Fabulous find, White Crow! Do tell how you came across this gold nugget.

From the title of the thread, I had high hopes the video was going to be a tell-all about you. ~giggles~ Even though I'm disappointed that it's not, Teal's series is the new number one entry on my must-see list. Still, I'm poised and ready to bump her to the silver medalist platform anytime you're ready to launch ''My Cryptic Gimpy Life'', CG.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar