Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: For those who understand spanish (Dr. Vaquero)

Hi KIM,
    Have you managed to be in correspondence with APINME recently?

H ere's a rough google translation... To me lab rat testing is old news...

"Antena3 Health News A team of researchers at Hospital Puerta de Hierro working on it

What if they were reversible chronic spinal cord injury?
    It is one of the outstanding medical challenges and a team of Spanish researchers is trying. Work to make reversible chronic spinal cord injury. At the Hospital Puerta de Hierro in Madrid take ten years using stem cells and have made these injuries affected mice walk again

Graphically, we could compare a broken bone to a bare wire: the connection is lost.

Behind most of these injuries are traffic accidents. Spinal fractures condemning life to a wheelchair.

To avoid this, a group of researchers working for years at the Puerta de Hierro hospital to doctor Jesus Vaquero’s orders.

Implanted stem cells into spinal injured. They started with rats and this was the result: before treatment, the animal dragged the hind legs. After treatment, smooth walking. And they did it again and again.

This already has implemented a special room where these cells are isolated. A high-security laboratory is used to avoid any contamination. Inside there is a drug that could recover spinal injuries.

There are three hundred patients who are already interested. Opt for patients with chronic injuries to those who are not can cause more damage than they already have. They do it as a precaution. In the animals studied the effects known in humans, are yet unkown."
    "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
    ― DaShanne Stokes

***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    In the animals studied the effects known in humans, are yet unkown."
    I think we'd all agree with this

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    So nothing in writing... no publications, no written statements, no emails... just the "maybes" on a few phone calls with unspecific dates so far, right?

Please give me a phone no. so I can reach him in Spain, quiero hablar con este Dr. y confirmar esso una vez para todas...
    ¿Donde está tu confirmación de una vez y por todas?

Quote Originally Posted by KIM View Post
    ¿Donde está tu confirmación de una vez y por todas?
    There is no confimation, there is nothing. Only local media based on animal studies that I could find - NADA.

Kim, you mentioned in Jan 2012 that you may know some news 'soon' so have you got any??

Anybody else with better luck?
    Last edited by Moe; 02-20-2013 at 02:09 PM.
    "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
    ― DaShanne Stokes

***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

Word from APINME vice president:
    Efectivamente, el ensayo del doctor Vaquero tiene autorización de la Agencia Española del Medicamento oficial desde el 22 de Febrero, para dar comienzo a su ensayo cl?*nico en Fase I.De los pacientes preevaluados durante todo este tiempo, ya han sido llamados los 10 primeros para la realización de las pruebas, análisis, etc y firma del documento de consentimiento para someterse al ensayo. Ahora todo seguirá su curso establecido, por los protocolos del Ensayo. Supongo que el hospital estará preparado el documento y llegado el momento que consideren más idóneo para hacer el comunicado oficial. Estaba esperando que esto sucediera, pero como parece que aún no lo comunican, y ante vuestra logica insistencia por saber si hab?*an empezado, no he podido resistirme.
    22 de Febreo de 2013, más tarde de lo previsto y deseado. Tanto el Equipo de investigación, como los responsables del hospital, como desde APINME hemos hecho todo lo humanamente posible para que empezara antes, pero no ha podido ser. Aunque seguro que empieza con todas las garant?*as de seguridad y seguro que merecerá la pena.
    Es lo que puedo decir hasta ahora, y no tengo autorización a decir mucho más, en adelante informare hasta donde se me autorice, espero lo entendáis.

Un saludo

Googlelized
    Indeed, the trial of Dr. Vaquero is authorized by the Spanish Medicines Agency officer from February 22, to kick off its Phase clinical trial in patients prescreened I.De all this time, and have been called for the first 10 conducting tests, analyzes, etc. and document signing consent to be tested. Now it will run its course set for trial protocols. I guess the hospital and the document will be ready when the time deemed most suitable for the official statement. I was waiting for this to happen, but as it seems they have not communicated, and before your insistence logic about whether they had started, I could not resist.
    Febreo 22, 2013, later than expected and desired. Both the research team, as those responsible for the hospital, and from APINME have done everything humanly possible to start earlier, but could not be. Although certainly starts with all security guarantees and certainly worthwhile.
    It's what I can tell so far, and I have permission to say more on later informs me to where authorized, I hope you understand.

greetings

gysula
    una gran esperanza para todos los que tenemos lesión medular .
    no sabia que en España estan tan avanzados en esta área .

Quote Originally Posted by KIM View Post
    Word from APINME vice president:
    Efectivamente, el ensayo del doctor Vaquero tiene autorización de la Agencia Española del Medicamento oficial desde el 22 de Febrero, para dar comienzo a su ensayo cl?*nico en Fase I.De los pacientes preevaluados durante todo este tiempo, ya han sido llamados los 10 primeros para la realización de las pruebas, análisis, etc y firma del documento de consentimiento para someterse al ensayo. Ahora todo seguirá su curso establecido, por los protocolos del Ensayo. Supongo que el hospital estará preparado el documento y llegado el momento que consideren más idóneo para hacer el comunicado oficial. Estaba esperando que esto sucediera, pero como parece que aún no lo comunican, y ante vuestra logica insistencia por saber si hab?*an empezado, no he podido resistirme.
    22 de Febreo de 2013, más tarde de lo previsto y deseado. Tanto el Equipo de investigación, como los responsables del hospital, como desde APINME hemos hecho todo lo humanamente posible para que empezara antes, pero no ha podido ser. Aunque seguro que empieza con todas las garant?*as de seguridad y seguro que merecerá la pena.
    Es lo que puedo decir hasta ahora, y no tengo autorización a decir mucho más, en adelante informare hasta donde se me autorice, espero lo entendáis.

Un saludo

Googlelized
    Indeed, the trial of Dr. Vaquero is authorized by the Spanish Medicines Agency officer from February 22, to kick off its Phase clinical trial in patients prescreened I.De all this time, and have been called for the first 10 conducting tests, analyzes, etc. and document signing consent to be tested. Now it will run its course set for trial protocols. I guess the hospital and the document will be ready when the time deemed most suitable for the official statement. I was waiting for this to happen, but as it seems they have not communicated, and before your insistence logic about whether they had started, I could not resist.
    Febreo 22, 2013, later than expected and desired. Both the research team, as those responsible for the hospital, and from APINME have done everything humanly possible to start earlier, but could not be. Although certainly starts with all security guarantees and certainly worthwhile.
    It's what I can tell so far, and I have permission to say more on later informs me to where authorized, I hope you understand.

greetings
    Muy beunas noticias! Gracias Kim.
    "I'm manic as hell-
    But I'm goin' strong-
    Left my meds on the sink again-
    My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->