Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: For those who understand spanish (Dr. Vaquero)

Here's a couple interesting articles out of Nature this month. They're worth reading!

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-018-05284-w

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-018-05160-7

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    This part is pure evil:
    "-- Florida clinics use online seminars, high-tech websites and listings in the federal database ClinicalTrials.gov to market their treatments to patients."

Indeed, being listed on clinical trials does tend to give one credibility.
    Well, it's a yes and no. The clinical trial site has always been just a general clearing house of trials. Technically, the US government hasn't gotten these dubious stem cell clinics shut down that have sprang up by the hundreds for profit. It's not surprising they would be running "trials" in order meet at least part of the ongoing regulations. Any company can shill their own product. If you don't read Paul Knoepfler at The Niche from UC Davis, you should be. https://ipscell.com/ Here's a little bit about Paul. LINK

Last month I sorted through just short of 900 SCI listed clinical trials there to update the chart at u2fp. Seriously, if there were 900 fantastic worthy trials going on, wouldn't we have a cure or legitimate therapy by now? Holy smokes!

Dr. Lammertese from Craig Hospital maintains the SCOPE trial site and I maintain the one for u2fp web site. People really need to be cautious and fully study the trials, the treatments being tested and know their risks. They must be committed to educating themselves and being responsible with questioning and gathering their information. There is no free ride. There is no valid treatment on the open market.

Learn, learn, learn has always been my motto. That is your only safety net.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 05-31-2018 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly1 View Post
    Dr. Vaquero has another paper where they are doing lumbar puncture MSC treatment:

Repeated subarachnoid administrations of autologous mesenchymal stromal cells supported in autologous plasma improve quality of life in patients suffering incomplete spinal cord injury

The article has Video S1 - Improvement in walking after cell therapy.

Impressive improvement. This treatment delivery being the same as done by Cell Medicine (Panama) or Beike (Thailand/China).
    I honestly didn't recognize any difference in the walking videos... So that person was already a walker beforehand, is that correct... Im asking this in a flat, genuinely inquisitive manner... What is 'impressive' about the videos exactly
    Last edited by lunasicc42; 05-31-2018 at 05:28 PM.
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

So at this point I guess the only hucksters I'd be tempted to pay money would be those that replicated the Miami Schwann cells treatments...not that those exist.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

@lunasicc42 , impressive if have similar spasticity limiting his walking that are relieved after lumbar puncture bone-marrow stem cells. That means sensory gains that improve blood pressure/temp/relaxation & contraction. An option for cervical SCI that due to phrenic nerve proximity, is too dangerous to get direct injections of cells.

Time to wake up another dead thread... 6-1/2 years later from the 1st post that seemed so exciting and promising back them.... how's Dr. Vaquero's progress in Spain? anything new lately?
    Last edited by Moe; 07-17-2018 at 05:03 PM.
    "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
    ― DaShanne Stokes

***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Time to wake up another dead thread... 6-1/2 years later from the 1st post that seemed so exciting and promising back them.... how's Dr. Vaquero's progress in Spain? anything new lately?
    I found this https://www.celltherapyjournal.org/a...471-7/abstract published May 2018.

some hope?

I thought the latest update was its approved for Spanish citizens, but it’s only provided at one hospital and they have a 3+ year wait.

Quote Originally Posted by nphuskers View Post
    I thought the latest update was its approved for Spanish citizens, but it’s only provided at one hospital and they have a 3+ year wait.
    Oh wow didn’t know that! It sucks that it’s for Spanish people only and the waiting times are horrendous, but what if they sort of copy the method and export it to other countries? Could that be possible? Or is there some patent thing going on? I have no idea what I’m talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Jade2 View Post
    Oh wow didn?t know that! It sucks that it?s for Spanish people only and the waiting times are horrendous, but what if they sort of copy the method and export it to other countries? Could that be possible? Or is there some patent thing going on? I have no idea what I?m talking about
    Dam patents... just crossed my mind that the intellectual property may not even be owned by the researcher himself if he's on a biotech/organization/hospital/university's payroll.... meaning that if a researcher found a cure, by law he cannot give it without permission, crazy isn't it?
    "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
    ― DaShanne Stokes

***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***